Verizon 8x GDR2 Update - NOW LIVE!

TheDrizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought GDR2 was supposed to allow us to select any "lens" app and use that as the default camera app... I can't find where to do this. If I go into settings->applications->Photos+camera, there is an option to change what happens when you press the camera button, but only "Camera (built-in app)" is there, not other options.

Maybe I was mistaken about this feature? (I have an 8X on Verizon).

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought GDR2 was supposed to allow us to select any "lens" app and use that as the default camera app... I can't find where to do this. If I go into settings->applications->Photos+camera, there is an option to change what happens when you press the camera button, but only "Camera (built-in app)" is there, not other options.

Maybe I was mistaken about this feature? (I have an 8X on Verizon).

I was wondering the ssame thing. I'm only speculating, but I'm thinking its now up to the devs to add that feature to their apps.

Anyone having problems with texts? RRandomly I'll just start getting the "Cant send try again" error. I have to soft reset to fix. Anyone else?

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here. I thought I was getting bad reception or something, but it only started happening after GDR2. Generally if I just delete that text, wait a little while, and write it over again it'll work.

It's really annoying.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here. I thought I was getting bad reception or something, but it only started happening after GDR2. Generally if I just delete that text, wait a little while, and write it over again it'll work.

It's really annoying.

I was going that, buy eventually that wouldn't work. Hitting "Try Again" was useless, tho now after 2 or 3 tries it will go thru. Better than soft resets, but still annoying.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Heard the "other storage" bug fix was true only from the update going forward... so it doesn't actually reclaim the space. For this reason I did a hard reset.

I am having the sms bug as well. 😒
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep, having the same text issue as well. It didn't seem to start right away after the update bit now it's happening every day. There doesn't seem to be any specific reason why it starts doing it. Tonight I was trying to send texts to three people and none would go through. I restarted and texts started to go through for one of the people but not the other two. Extremely frustrating.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep, having the same text issue as well. It didn't seem to start right away after the update bit now it's happening every day. There doesn't seem to be any specific reason why it starts doing it. Tonight I was trying to send texts to three people and none would go through. I restarted and texts started to go through for one of the people but not the other two. Extremely frustrating.

Agreed. It's getting more frequent, too. I'm so annoyed.

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had the stalled texting issue as well. I'm not sure what causes it, buy when I'm at work it happens. Then when I get home the texts go through. Maybe some cell tower switching issues?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having an issue with my phone always failing to connect to my Facebook IM through the Me Tile. Every single time. I rely on that a lot, too, to sync my notifications and Facebook messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte