Verizon - anyone get 8.1 yet?

KevinM1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering. It seems like Verizon is notoriously slow in pushing firmware updates, so I'm curious if anyone has received the .1 update from them, and figure this thread can be used as a place to notify those of us on Big Red when/if it comes.

BrotherTheodore

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The 8X will receive the update when HTC finishes stability testing on the handset. Be happy because the 8S WILL NOT receive the update due to it only having 8GB internal storage. The developer preview runs smooth as silk on my 8X, so the official 8.1 should as well. Patience Grasshopper...

earlyadapter

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering. It seems like Verizon is notoriously slow in pushing firmware updates, so I'm curious if anyone has received the .1 update from them, and figure this thread can be used as a place to notify those of us on Big Red when/if it comes.

No I'm still waiting here. I'm hearing end of August early Sept. Hopefully will coincide with the HTC w8 phone event since it is also a Verizon event. I'm sure people will ask Verizon about it then. It's all verizon done and they are slackers when it comes to updates. I remember from Android.

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Now that the M8 is official, I believe Verizon will soon update their other Windows Phones. To me, this is the same scenario as iOS 7 being held back before the release of the iPhone 5c and 5s. It was a selling point of these two phones that they had the new os pre-installed. I believe Verizon is doing the same with 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle