Verizon Trophy on other networks

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering making the switch to T-Mobile, due to their cheaper plans and (possibly) better coverage in my area. Now I know the Trophy has quad-band GSM, so I'm thinking as long as I get the sim unlocked I should be able to bring it over to T-Mobile. Am I right about this or are there any gotchas I should know about?

If I do make the switch and bring my Trophy over, does anyone know if I can save my initial discount for signing up and use it on a newer phone once I see something I like?

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you'll get 3G from it, since T-Mobile needs 1700/2100MHz for 3G. You may want to try a T-Mobile "pay as you go" SIM card first. I've seen just the SIM cards at Best Buy, I believe.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you'll get 3G from it, since T-Mobile needs 1700/2100MHz for 3G. You may want to try a T-Mobile "pay as you go" SIM card first. I've seen just the SIM cards at Best Buy, I believe.
Ah thanks, I thought it was just 850/1900. I guess I was looking at old info. Looks like bringing the Trophy over ain't gonna happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClemCa