Video will not upload to skydrive/onedrive even if skydrive has the space.

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I am connected to a wifi network on my phone and my one drive account says I have 14 GB free of storage. My phone says when i try to upload from the camera roll "This video may be larger than the maximum file size,or you may have reached the upload limit for your account" Last time i checked you could upload a 2GB file at once. How is a 7 minute and 25 second video larger than 2 GB? Or is there another reason?

Jiri Matejka

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
7 and half minute video should not be that big, but you can check this if you connect your phone to PC via USB cable and open the File Manager. Maybe there is a way how to check the size on your phone as well.

pgabor

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem! I have a 7:10 minute video, and when i try to upload it, i get the same error. The problem is that I'm backuping my old WP7.8 phone, which has a broken usb port, so syncing that way is not possible, only uploading to onedrive.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
full HD it may be that big. Videos can get big fast. I have a 2:25 Minute video at 1080, 19 Mbps bit rate compressed as MP4 and it is 350 MBytes. Theoretically, the video you have should be smaller than 2 GB, but maybe not. I'd see if you can see the file size or edit it into 2 pieces and see if you can upload then. Or try to copy to a different storage space.

pgabor

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its a 1st gen samsung focus, the bitrate is 6mbit, so the vid must be around 250MB. I think it must be some WP7.8 limitation, and not the limitation of OneDrive. The question is, is there any app which with i can upload it somewhere? The standard youtube apps don't work because they only let you record on the spot, and upload that, you cant upload previous recording with those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb