Vote here to get Jen Taylors voice in English speaking countries!

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

If you're not happy with the English speaking Cortana outside the US here is your chance to vote for Jens voice in the English speaking countries like, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand ( any others I didn't mention )

Vote now and maybe, just maybe we will get it!

Make Jen Taylor available for all english regions. ?€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Leave a comment after you read and vote so that the thread will stay in Latest Discussions!

Thanks

Last edited:

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
My opinion is that Jen Taylor SHOULD be the only voice for Cortana. Doesn't matter what country, or language (sorry to put pressure on Jen about this), she should always be Cortana's voice. If they can't provide her voice, they might as well offer a different virtual assistant for that. There are many other AI's on the Halo Universe.

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
My opinion is that Jen Taylor SHOULD be the only voice for Cortana. Doesn't matter what country, or language (sorry to put pressure on Jen about this), she should always be Cortana's voice. If they can't provide her voice, they might as well offer a different virtual assistant for that. There are many other AI's on the Halo Universe.

Oh yeah you are right, people everywhere should have an option for actual Cortana or something in their own language. There should be no excuse to give English speakers the option for actual Cortana. I myself am in Ireland and UK Cortana had problems understanding my accent but the US one didn't.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I personally would say give us an option, having Cortana offered in one voice will alienate all users that do not speak English or English as their first language (Speak very broken English)

Edit:
Voted after I heard what the UK version sounds like, what I think of it?
Lets just say my ear drums wont stop bleeding from the pain & anguish they just experienced...:crying:
A quick run down by recombu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2tHmWjaUz8

Do you all Americans think all of us from the UK sound like that? :eck:

Last edited:

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I like the idea of having this

But the most important for me is that it uses UK spelling and UK pronunciation of words (for me in the UK)
If having Jen Taylors voice meant words would be spoken as in the US, then I wouldn't want her here

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I like the idea of having this

But the most important for me is that it uses UK spelling and UK pronunciation of words (for me in the UK)
If having Jen Taylors voice meant words would be spoken as in the US, then I wouldn't want her here

Well this way you have a choice on which voice you want, the actual voice of Cortana or her stiff upper lip twin. :winktongue:
Having with worked with various accents, it doesn't bother me and can understand them perfectly fine.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Well this way you have a choice on which voice you want, the actual voice of Cortana or her stiff upper lip twin. :winktongue:
Having with worked with various accents, it doesn't bother me and can understand them perfectly fine.

People in Great Britain are more irritated than Americans when it comes to differences between us in using English, I find. I can live without the "u" in "colour" or "favourite", but the way Americans ignore the second "i" in "aluminium", or the "h" in "herbs" is very irksome. In Britain we have holidays rather than vacations, Autumn rather than Fall, and Christmas is called Christmas not "this holiday season". Jen would need to brush up on these, or risk a revolt. ;)

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I have also worked with many different accents from home and countries abroad and can understand them, I still would like UK Cortana to have spelling/pronunciation correct for the UK

If it starts giving me US terms then the feature gets turned off

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
People in Great Britain are more irritated than Americans when it comes to differences between us in using English, I find. I can live without the "u" in "colour" or "favourite", but the way Americans ignore the second "i" in "aluminium", or the "h" in "herbs" is very irksome. In Britain we have holidays rather than vacations, Autumn rather than Fall, and Christmas is called Christmas not "this holiday season". Jen would need to brush up on these, or risk a revolt. ;)

Haha very true.. it would probably be too much for the poor actress lol. (I actually find their pronunciation of Aluminium quite hilarious, guess that is my inner child having a little chuckle).

I have also worked with many different accents from home and countries abroad and can understand them, I still would like UK Cortana to have spelling/pronunciation correct for the UK

If it starts giving me US terms then the feature gets turned off

I guess for both you guys the posh totty twin will do just fine :winktongue:

A quick question have you guys heard Cortana say any of these words mentioned by Nic?

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I like the uk Cortana much better than the Jen version, nothing wrong with having a posh piece of English totty taking all your dictations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos