VZW release close.......

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
These were'nt available yesterday ;)

http://search.vzw.com/?i=1&q="windows phone 7"&x1=t2&q1=Device&do=support

Looks like there should be something announced soon.. wont be soon enough for me though !

If the nodo update is second week in march.. hoping VZW will have devices about the same time as Sprint .. PURLEASE ! Imagio must go SOON !

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Good catch.

I'm eligible...but again...I don't know if I want to drop my upgrade on this bad boy...especially if they launch it at $200.........(which is comparatively expensive to the stuff on the GSM side).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Good catch.

I'm eligible...but again...I don't know if I want to drop my upgrade on this bad boy...especially if they launch it at $200.........(which is comparatively expensive to the stuff on the GSM side).

Still got a New every 2 on your account ? I still have a $100 credit on mine, so mine will be only $99....

bfall17

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Good catch.

No way im dropping $200 in this. But if the price drops I still need to convince someone on my plan to let me use their upgrade :(

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Still got a New every 2 on your account ? I still have a $100 credit on mine, so mine will be only $99....

I never really did.....cause I've been buying phones on 1 year contracts through Verizon....you pay an extra $70 up front, but then you get the same discount 10 months later....which you can again pay the extra $70 for...or just get a 2 year plan.

They dont' seem to offer it to everyone though.....cause I tell my friends, and they go in, and it's not offered to them or something.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well.. I guess we know now.. that "Memo" .. was probably not real..

Also.. I noticed the support pages on the VZW site are GONE ! Maybe Verizon just said the heck with MS.. and junked the whole idea?

I have to say.. that would make my decision process easier :) Sprint or AT&T.. those would be the choices...

hmm....

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well.. I guess we know now.. that "Memo" .. was probably not real..

Not necessarily. The memo was right about the Thunderbolt date, and IIRC Verizon didn't officially announce that until the 15th, 2 days before release. So even though I'm fed up with Verizon, I'm still holding out hope for the 24th.

But the support pages disappearing is definitely cause for concern...

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
They could have taken them down for a number of reasons.

I think we'll know here probably tomorrow.

Between the new Microsoft employee memo on the front page right now...and the fact that CTIA is going on this week....they might actually put the phone up for order by the end of the week.

If that happens, I'll probably order it no matter the cost. I dont' want to wait any longer.

jrj2013

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
someone tried to tell me it'll release with a SLCD screen like the new HD7S, but i've yet to see anything to that effect. can anyone clarify this?

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just called and spoke with a VZ employee. She said they haven't seen the phone yet and haven't even had training on it yet. She said she has no idea when it will launch and that the 1Q is obviously ending soon. She mentioned that the MS employees that had called before have had more information than the VZ employees.

Beyond frustrating.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Again...it's Verizon's handling of new devices that may in fact lead me to AT&T.

EVERY, SINGLE, PHONE in recent memory has had the same maybe maybe maybe maybe soon mentality.

It was the same story last year with my Incredible. Leak leak, wait wait, leak leak.....1, 2, 3 months.....then all of a sudden it was up for order the next week.

It's frustrating when you're making decisions about buying a subsidized phone.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
2nd Verizon lady I called said they'll find out a week before its available and they dont know anything yet.

I'll make my Android and/or AT&T decision at the COB on April 1st.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler