W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Can anyone tell me hw to get the speech to text service back??
Initially it was there, but then I fiddled around with the settings to get Cortana enabled and ever since I am unable to get microphone icon on top of the keyboard.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I've tried to search for this but I didn't find it yet.

I can't do shares (in apps) for some reason.

For example:
- I have scan a song in Shazam then I wanted to share it. I press the share button and I see the list of available apps. I pressed any of these apps and nothing happens.
- It also happened with Lumia Storyteller. I see the list of apps but it doesn't do anything at all.

Am I the only one having this issue?

By the way, I have WP10 on a Lumia 830 (fake Denim update).

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 635:
- seems like offline maps wants to only be installed internally instead of SD card now. (set via Lumia storage check app previously in 8.1). hence checking for map updates says there are updates to be installed but nothing ever gets downloaded. workaround is to use the Lumia storage check app to set it to store maps on the phone again instead of the SD card and then the check for updates works properly again. Lumia storage check app will no longer be able to delete the maps previously stored on your SD card so use the WP10 File Explorer to delete the MapData folder to free up that space.

- blocking telephone numbers for the call+SMS filter doesn't seem to be there working. There is an option from SMS to add new numbers to the block list but no option for adding numbers from your phone call history log.

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I fixed Cortana location issue by going into settings under location and clearing location history. This fixed Cortana, but did not fix Nokia here saying I was roaming. Hope this helped.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

I fixed Cortana location issue by going into settings under location and clearing location history. This fixed Cortana, but did not fix Nokia here saying I was roaming. Hope this helped.

Clearing location history didn't solve the problem for me

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

It is now telling me my Microsoft account password has expired any one else seeing this

Sachin A

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I rolled-back to WP8.1.1 (Lumia 830 RM-984). Then setup everything like keyboard languages, Languages, essential apps, speech languages etc,.[But forgot to keep English(United States) on top of languages list.] Then again updated to Windows 10 preview. Now Language settings do not open at all, it crashes and bounce back to Time & Language settings menu. Due to this, I am unable to turn on Cortana, even though I have set region to US and match phone language and speech language is also in English-US. Now I don't want to reset phone and setup everything once again. If I do that I will not be able to download my native keyboard languages.. They say `attention required'. This is really a serious bug. :crying:

Sachin A

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

How to clear location history? I can't find such settings! Can you elaborate the path to that setting?

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

How can i provide feedback? The insider hub always greeting me "you need to be login first".

Internet sharing is not working on my 720.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

How to clear location history? I can't find such settings! Can you elaborate the path to that setting?

All Settings -> Privacy -> Location -> Grey button toward the bottom says Clear, and above it the text "Clear my location history". Hope that helps.

I cleared it yesterday, but still get a bad location with Cortana.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I think that the proper path is:

Settings - Privacy - Location

then press on the "Clear" button within the location history.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

How can i provide feedback? The insider hub always greeting me "you need to be login first".

Internet sharing is not working on my 720.

Had the same issue when I first installed WP10. You have to go to the Insider website where you signed up for the program. Once you log in on the site the app should work.

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Tried posting a video to Facebook. On WIFI. Wouldn't post.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

cdubbsworld

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I had a crazy bug receiving text would launch cortana a couple soft reboots fixed that but I also had a bug where my text threads separate and even if the number was in my contacts it wouldn't show the name i couldn't figure out how to fix that all in all it was what i expected from a preview

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

just noticed that the settings in the People app no longer have working customized sms alert sounds. It just defaults to playing whatever is set in the notification manager for Messaging

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

correction. if I change the notification manager's setting to something other than Default, then it overrides ALL alerts that were customized in the People app. I don't think it was like this in the 8.1 release was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124