W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Going to Skype and clicking on "Get it Now" gives option for old store or store beta. Open in Store Beta and it pops up "Meet Me" app. Which I didn't pay enough attention to and just clicked the "Free" button when the store started up. Now, due to MS's complete inability to give us a simple screen for "delete from my purchase history", I've got this stupid thing that'll probably try to reinstall itself every time I check for updates in Store Beta like all the other crap apps that I've uninstalled since WP7.

Tried doing a search for Skype in Store Beta but it doesn't exist.

Used "Update" from old store and it picked it up, but it's not giving me the option to pin it to my start screen any more.

I had the same problem but when I restarted my phone it was back on the start screen where it used to be.

enroh_mada

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

My Luimia 1520.3
email notifications are not working for me. (this is harsh for me)
battery drain is very rapid (all app updates done downloading)
battery recharge is slow
glance be kaput (im not hard resetting - sorry if this is the fix but no)
weather on lock screen not an option
background image blurry
those are the ones i have found so far

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Something people should keep in mind is that for some reason, even if you're just upgrading, the Store Beta app will spend a long time reinstalling all of your apps (even if they're already functional). Or if you're doing a clean install and restore from a backup, first those apps will install in the old Store, and then after that they will install a second time in Store Beta. For those of you seeing slow performance and rapid battery drain, I'd bet that the Store Beta has been doing stuff the majority of that time.

I charge my phone completely in the morning and after intensive use I charge it again at night. Before I went to bed it was fully charged, I put on airplane mode but in the morning my phone is turned off because battery is at 3%. Lumia 930. In day time the battery works fine.

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

This makes sence. During the day battery works fine, but during the night, after I have turned on and off the flashlight the battery drains.

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Noticed a bug with the Flash in Action Center.

If your device is experiencing a sudden drain in battery, you might be facing this issue. As far as I know, the LED is somehow tied to the camera, so camera API is used with interacting with the flash. When you toggle it on from Action Center, you can observe that the camera is started if you have a Pureview device with OIS. The OIS is enabled and your camera lens can be seen moving if you move the phone.

Now toggle the flash off. The OIS is still working! I believe the process is not killed. Battery starts to drain after this.

I have filed a feedback in Windows Feedback. Please go +vote under Power and Batter > App Energy Consumption.

This makes sence. During the day battery works fine, but during the night, after I have turned on and off the flashlight the battery drains.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Lockmix is unable to set a background properly. If Lockmix is opened, you can have all the widgets you want, but when you set a picture for the background, the background does not change.

BrayMatter

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Anyone also have issues with outlook live tiles not updating and multiple accounts pinned to start not opening to the respective account?

Wasn't an issue in 10136.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Updated my L635 to 10149, did a hard reset immediately after the update and now have five apps in Store (Beta) that cannot be updated:

* Nokia account
* extras+info
* MixRadio
* touch
* Messaging+

Adobe Reader was in there as well but that one I could solve by uninstalling, restarting the phone and reinstalling it.
Error code is either 0x803F8001 or 0x80070003 for these five updates - any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the other thread specfically regarding this very issue.

Last edited:

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Can't log into my MS account on my phone just sits a "Just a moment" I've let it sit there for at least 3 hours before.

I tried to get an app from a link. When I go into to the download page I receive I must be log onto my phone first. I got to my account and I can see where my phone is at.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I have to say that after reading through all of the various issues from all of the different builds we've previewed, I have gained a lot of respect for the software engineers behind any operating system update. To get everything just right for each different device is quite a challenge.

AmeriCanuck10

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Yeah, I have been experiencing this, too since updating from previous build. I have tried to reset once, but I believe I chose to do it from a backup and not start fresh. I wonder if that option would change anything.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site

My first update to windows 10 from 8.1 on Lumia 1520. I did not hard reset before or after. All my apps and settings migrated ok. I did have problem installing the Office Preview apps with errors. I will say this... if anyone is getting problems with apps not downloading and installing with errors, this may be because the apps are not compatible with SD storage and must be installed on Phone storage. Therefore, go into storage settings and change the install new apps to Phone from SD. Then install the troublesome apps and then go back to storage settings and change the new apps path back to SD. Hope this helps.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

thank you all for your input. im real close to installing this on my Icon.
- Sent via Tapatalk on my Surface Pro 3

Sreejith K S

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Those who are facing battery drain issue may try the following steps.

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics
2. Change 'Windows should ask for my feedback' to 'Once a week'
3. Send your device data to Microsoft to 'Basic'

With the above change, my cell's battery seems to be acting normal. Not sure if this was just a coincidence, but worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria