W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRTSPORTS1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Problems I have with this build, other than those already mentioned:

- When switching from 3G/4G -> WIFI or vice versa, it will take upto 15mins before the phone can actually get data and the battery starts to drain. For instance, I am on 4G outside, when I get back inside, I switch to WIFI and it will take a long time before the phone finally starts receiving data. I have no idea what is going on in the background, but it will drain the battery. It doesn't happen just at home, it happens everywhere.

- Battery life, in general, is horrible.

- The screen will not turn on when receiving a call, it will take upto 4 rings, before I actually get something on the screen. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's annoying as hell.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I've already reported these thru Insider Feedback...
Lumia 930 (Build 10512)
-Nissan Pathfinder (2014) Handsfree system: SMS texts come thru but "reply" does not seem to work. Also, phone 'hang up' does not work most of the time so phone stays on until ignition cut.

kevinjoneskc

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Ugh, WiFi bugs are annoying me.

I have three devices that I have W10 Insider Preview loaded on for testing--two 640s and one 635. All three of them present a bug wherein the device will drop wifi connectivity if they remain idle for an unknown length of time. I say unknown, because sometimes it will do it after a few hours, and other times it will happen in as little as 10-15 minutes.

When it happens, the only way I can get WiFi to work is by restarting the device. I've disabled and re-enabled WiFi, but the device just reports "No networks found". I've even tried Airplane mode. This is REALLY frustrating, as I'm having to restart the devices multiple times a day to continue testing. And since someone is going to ask, yes, other devices work on the network just fine. My personal phone and hundreds of other devices connect to the same network daily, including a Venu 8 Pro that I'm also using for testing. These WinMo10 Insider Preview phones are the ONLY ones exhibiting this issue.

lonewolfe2015

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know how to recover a BSOD 920 which shuts down every 60 seconds or so? When it's on a charge it will get into a reboot loop. When it's not on a charge it will shutdown after a minute. The hard reset hardware keys aren't doing anything either.

I can't imagine any recovery software being able to save this one.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I hat the same issue with my 925 and fixed with recovery tool, not at first but after few attempts and playing with pressing buttons it was finally recognized and flashed without a single problem...

lonewolfe2015

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately the tool has been unable to recognize my phone. After letting it run for awhile in its reboot loop. The only screen I've reached is the power symbol/gear one with volume up/down combo and then it sits there still unrecognizable. Not feeling too hopeful that this phone will ever see the light of day again.

zarz0rz

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

After upgrading to the latest version of Developer Preview my 1520's power button stopped working. I can't even do a reset holding power and volume down. Just used Recovery Tool to roll back to 8.1 and Power Button still doesn't work. Any ideias guys?

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

my 10536.1004 update is stuck on 14% from last 6 hrs. What do I do ?
Plz reply.

If you have lots of apps or used a lot of memory, then be patient, i left mine over night. Second installation went quicker, it was stuck on 14% than it just jumped, so guess it could be device dependant etc.

allysisa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

Anyone know how to install the english keyboard.... Microsoft640xl on the lastest build 10536 I keep getting attention required..downloading it all day. Please help

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1520 Build 10.0.10536.1004

I upgraded from 8.1 and got the death screen that said a file had been corrupted. I tried the Nokia Recovery Tool stupidly.

I downloaded the correct recovery tool and restored the phone. I updated all apps, and then updated Windows 8.1 to Denim.

Then, I installed the Windows Insider App, selected Fast Ring and it immediately took me to 10536.

It is working smoothly, flawlessly and all my apps are working well.....with one exception.

I use Office Lens a lot to scan business cards into One Note and then save the vcf file in Outlook. It will not load the .vcf file that One Note creates!

This worked great in 8.1, but every version of Windows 10 does not work. It is like there is no capability of handling .vcf files.

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 920 - Build 10536

The problem of start screen "Loading" is still there. For whole day it was working fine but now it is stuck in "Loading" mode :(

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 920 - Build 10536

The problem of start screen "Loading" is still there. For whole day it was working fine but now it is stuck in "Loading" mode :(

Indeed and unfortunately it is, although it does appear quicker now than before. Lumia 930

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Store is still a huge piece of sh*t and its draining battery. Windows Phone 8.1 is a lot better in terms of battery life and *a bit* ahead in terms of OS smoothness. There are some bugs here and there and things that need to be improved... Apps which were coded for 8.0/8.1 are definitely slower.
for example: Windows Central.
Startup (splash screen) on WP 8.1 - 1sec* // on WM10 - 5 to 6sec*

*Nokia Lumia 930

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

Indeed. :/ This was the one bug I was hoping was squashed with this build and when I saw it addressed in the changelog, was excited. To nuke my phone and still have this issue is a kick in the balls. Oh well... it's why it's pre-release. :)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

After upgrading to the latest version of Developer Preview my 1520's power button stopped working. I can't even do a reset holding power and volume down. Just used Recovery Tool to roll back to 8.1 and Power Button still doesn't work. Any ideias guys?

That's probably a hardware issue. Check that button at a repair shop.

JimRamse

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

Anybody else having problem with Store? It worked for a while after I installed 10536, but now it just force closes when I try to download a new app. Going in to "my library" and installing something I've had installed earlier works though......... Strange......

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Anybody else having problem with Store? It worked for a while after I installed 10536, but now it just force closes when I try to download a new app. Going in to "my library" and installing something I've had installed earlier works though......... Strange......

Usually a soft reset fixes app crashes for me.

JimRamse

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

Usually a soft reset fixes app crashes for me.
Tried it twice, no help. Everything else seems to work fine. Store is the only problem. Tried logging out of Store, and then back in again. Did not help. Have tried restarting a bunch of times aswell to no avail........

Edit.

Had to have "Set date and time automatically" on, and Store started working again. Wierd........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shubhammalva