W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

prem2530

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I too have faced the same issue with lot of other issues like SIM card not detecting, like that. Finally a hard reset helped me. Now my phone is charging and discharging normally like before.

AaronMark017

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

My phone app stopped working ! so the phone was completely useless. very laggy. at the beginning but eventually it worked nice. couldn't add google account in outlook. maps didn't work at all. app loading time is much longer. And I hated the dialer ! Battery performance was similar......switched back to 8.1 , and happy now.
LUMIA 822

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I've never put faith in indicated battery life. Especially for the first few cycles of a new OS install.
I know some people get all "OMG it says 22.785221% left, but I put it down for 3mins 4 secs and now it only says 22.76123% left!!! What's going on? Is it broken? It's unacceptable? How can that be right?"
And the simple explanation is, it isn't right.
Indicating battery percentage has always been inaccurate. I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Putting reliance on those figures may be misleading.

It was pretty accurate in 8.1. Last night it took 4 hours to get charged to 48% from 20%..Weird, isn't that? Battery life has suddenly become very poor with this build of TP.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

It was pretty accurate in 8.1. Last night it took 4 hours to get charged to 48% from 20%..Weird, isn't that? Battery life has suddenly become very poor with this build of TP.
You've installed the TP and got through several battery cycles since last night?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

You've installed the TP and got through several battery cycles since last night?

Nope. I am using since day 1 of TP release (build 2). It was working fine for first few days but starting Tuesday, battery drains too quickly and charging rate has become ultra slow.

Wikus Kruger

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Howsit guys

Using L920, all working quite well, i dont have alot of issues, only one thing, incoming calls not linking to my phonebook, so i cannot identify incoming calls, any fix or workaround for this?

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

SO - So Far so good on the fresh install. It does seem much more responsive. Do I need to reinstall the Insider in order to get updates on the build or does the native Updater take over on that front?

Also - What happened to the "GLANCE" Feature? I like my phone screen to turn off at night. I have my quiet hours enabled but I notice when I use to be able to glance I don't see it illuminate anymore

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

I reckon you'll need to reinstall the Insider app if you want to receive any new builds via that method.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Using L920, all working quite well, i dont have alot of issues, only one thing, incoming calls not linking to my phonebook, so i cannot identify incoming calls, any fix or workaround for this?

Contact linking works on my L920, but i made a hard reset since my SIM was not recognized so maybe thats the solution?

By the way, are there any news if there are any smaller bugfixing builds planned for the fast ring or do we have to wait another 2 months for the next one?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Update Lumia 520 WP10 has been pulled. Its no longer available to update to, due to a small number of users bricking their phones when downgrading.
I have a Lumia 520 and downgraded without error.

shobhit92bhar

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having a very strange issue on Windows 10 phone. Most of the websites are opening in some kind of lite version, proper mobile versions are not getting loaded. I have tried IE, Spartan and UC browser. Same issue on every browser.

Anyone facing same issue. Any solution?

P.S. I have tried changing page settings option to both mobile and desktop version.

prem2530

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

My photos app stopped working. Even after hard reset in unable to get it back, any work arounds?

Aref Mosaffaei

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

after any phone call my lumia 920's touch screen stops working. can't end call, can't open or close app n can't even turn off the phone because i have to swipe down to turn off. so i have to hard reset the phone after every phone call :| gonna downgrade to 8.1, overall win10 looks good but i hope they rework music, games n video apps n do something with tiles to make them interactive.

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I was wondering about the different tile sizes in this version... I have a lumia 925, and the TP is working fine... or as fine as a TP can get!!! However, much has been said recently about the two new sizes, at least as far as people hub and Cortana are concerned...Am I the only one who still has the 3 standard sizes for tiles???

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

I experienced something this morning while my phone was on charge, I discovered it got hanged and i restarted as usual but only for my sim not be detected.

I tried swapping both Sims to verify is it was my sim that has problem, it turns out not be cos both slots seem to be working wen placed individually.

But wen both Sims are inserted only one is recognized. Pls I need help what should I do, this is the last thing I really need for it to be happening to me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz