W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4bh1sh3k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

When I connect my phone (build 10581) to my PC (win 10 non insider build) using USB cables, it doesn't show up in Windows Explorer. The phone doesn't appear in PC device manager as well. However, the phone shows the charging icon while it's connected. Has anyone else observed this issue? :sweaty:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

When I connect my phone (build 10581) to my PC (win 10 non insider build) using USB cables, it doesn't show up in Windows Explorer. The phone doesn't appear in PC device manager as well. However, the phone shows the charging icon while it's connected. Has anyone else observed this issue? :sweaty:

Same issue here, I just hard reset and noticed this. I upgraded before and didn't have this issue.

I need to copy back some data to my phone, HOW do I get it to connect to my PC and allow me to swap data back and forth ?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I've encountered something that I haven't seen reported yet. Perhaps I'm the only one experiencing it, but I'll report it both here and through the feedback app on my phone.

When using Cortana, she obtains my location by determining where my IP is located. When using Maps, it correctly uses my GPS service in order to provide my location. If I go to location in any map or GPS program, it correctly shows my current location. Getting my weather in any weather app with location permission properly obtains my local weather. If I ask Cortana for my weather, I get weather for somewhere in Kansas and I'm located in Mississippi. Not cool, so I have to tell her the specific city and state that I want weather for, or it will be incorrect.

I have an issue that I would hope I can get some guidance. I installed 10581 2 days ago which went well and quickly but EDGE wont work. By that I mean I tap the live tile and the screen changes but then the start screen quickly returns. When I am in Cortana and try to get to an article the screen flashs to blue and then comes back to Cortana. So I have no internet to speak of. What do I need to do to get EDGE working? I've done several resets with no change. I do not appear to be able to uninstall and reinstall EDGE. Will a hard reset solve the issue? I am thinking not. What about reverting to 8.1. That's where I came from directly with no prior installs of W10M TP. Any suggestions welcomed.

I've tried to find a setting to allow her to use my location, but can't find it. I know she is using IP based location, because I asked her, "What is my current location?" and she replied that I was someplace in Kansas. I went to the site, whatismyip.com, and traced my IP, and it showed the IP in that city. Tonight I asked my location, and she says, Franklin, TN, even though I'm in the same place in Mississippi that I was when she said I was in Kansas. And yes, my IP has changed and now reflects Franklin, TN. At least it's a bit closer, but still off by quite a bit.

I need some help I haven't found an answer or any other postings of the same issue. Two days ago I took the plunge and installed the 10581 build on my 1520. Everything seemed to go well except my EDGE live tile when tapped flash's blue and then the start screen returns. So I can't use the internet. I cant click on and read the articles on Cortana and other sites using the internet. I've tried soft resets without a change. And I tried to see if I could uninstall EDGE and reinstall but that seems to not be possible. Would a hard reset make it work? I need some help. If the internet were working it would be awesome.. Can anybody help me please?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I have had this happen, but only when using certain cables. I have discovered that a couple of the cables I have "charge only" and don't have the data pins connected. Trying a different cable fixed the issue

I need some help I haven't found an answer or any other postings of the same issue. Two days ago I took the plunge and installed the 10581 build on my 1520. Everything seemed to go well except my EDGE live tile when tapped flash's blue and then the start screen returns. So I can't use the internet. I cant click on and read the articles on Cortana and other sites using the internet. I've tried soft resets without a change. And I tried to see if I could uninstall EDGE and reinstall but that seems to not be possible. Would a hard reset make it work? I need some help. If the internet were working it would be awesome.. Can anybody help me please?

When you quoted me, you added an extra paragraph to my original post (a post from February 2015) that made it seem as though I installed 10581 2 days ago. I have finally installed 10581, but am not having any issues in Edge.

I did a hard reset after installing the build, which seems to have solved any and all problems I did have with the build, with the exceptions of NFC not working at all and the storage being messed up which, the storage was one of the listed known issues.

Other than recommending a hard reset, I have nothing else I know to recommend at this point.

Javier_Alejandro

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

I have a Nokia Lumia 640 XL and I just updated to the Windows 10 Mobile. Since I updated, Cortana has ultimately disappeared and everything Cortana-related is either not working or missing. Also, my phone's lock screen does not unlock my phone at all, I can type in my pin all I want, but it doesn't react at all, not even the "incorrect pin" flashes after I type in a ton of numbers.This just started happening and is not affected by a soft-reset at all. I've tried pulling the battery, but that still does nothing. Plus, occasionally my home screen gets stuck on a 'loading' screen and will kick me back into any app I just closed. Any tips on what I should do?

DMin098

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

I am in need of help!

My Nokia 635 told me to clear some space, which I did, before it was able to update. After I did this, I then downloaded the update. I was going to Build 10581 from the previous build. Somewhere along the line it told me there wasn't enough space. I closed that notification, and it continued to download like normal. I didn't give it a second thought. When it finished installing it, it then told me to reset the phone to finish the update. I clicked the reset button and it began to update like normal, showing the rotating gears with the progress bar under it. I set it aside and checked on it frequently. However, one of these times, I noticed the phone wasn't on. I thought it might have finished and had turned off, which would have been weird anyway. When I turned it back on, the Nokia logo showed up like normal, then the windows symbol flashed on the screen, over the Nokia logo. When it disappeared, the parts of the Nokia logo that weren't covered by the windows symbol stayed on screen, leaving two bars of white on the screen for a little over five seconds. The screen then went to the turning gears again, and once the progress bar moved a tiny bit, the screen then moved to the frowning face. ":-(" Now, whenever I try to start it up, it goes through that same process. Nokia, windows flash, gears, :-( .

I've tried doing everything I can think of. I've read that hard resetting it is the best option at this point, and I've tried countless times. I've tried the Reset My Windows Phone program on the PC; it downloads like it normally would, then once it verifies the files installation, it then tries to download it again. At this point the computer doesn't even recognize the phone when it is plugged in, just the NOKIA BOOTMGR2, which I've read is just the driver for the cable connecting the phone to the PC.

Frankly, I've just lost hope. I think some necessary files got deleted somehow, and now I can't access the files through the computer, or anything else.

If there's anything you can think of that might be the cause, then I would love to know what you think.
If you can think of a way to fix this that would be greatly appreciated.
If you can't do either of these, well, join the club.

jpjensen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

Have HTC one M8, build 10581. Messages app crashes every time its opened... any known fixes?

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

Nokia Lumia 640: inability to hear any Outlook Mail notification regardless of activating sound for it in notifications and the app.
Build 581

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Have been working with build 10581 for the last week on my 925 and its the first insider build where I can enjoy the phone. the response time is far better. Some apps which had very long lags such as ipodcast and most of the apps using a browser (espn, mlb) work much better. I had some problem getting waze to work but I uninstalled, reinstalled and then it would only start working after I initiated the app outside. The wifi hotspot still doesn't work (been broken for the last few builds). Outlook is an excellent app. I like that speech recognition is built directly in the keyboard (use it with whasapp which has no specific cortana integration).

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Does anybody have this jittery scrolling on last few builds? It appears on number of apps and it's most visible on people app, when I scroll slowly, with finger continuously on display, content often lags behind my finger than jumps ahead of a finger and back again (sometimes even after I stop scrolling, but only if I keep my finger on screen). It must be some driver issue or something... Factory reset doesn't help, magnifier is off (infamous magnifier = jitter issue) and my Lumia 640 doesn't have touch sensitivity settings so that's not a problem. I never saw anyone post about this, so I'm starting to freak out that it's only on my phone but how is that possible?!? I have the same Lumia 640 as anyone else and display isn't broken or anything since when I roll back to 8.1 everything is normal again. It only appear in last three builds...

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody have this jittery scrolling on last few builds?that possible?!?.

I don't have jitter but sometimes when barely touching the screen it will scroll very fast down, faster than swiping to scroll ever does. Also, sometimes touching tiles in the right most column on the start screen opens the all apps list. I'm not sure if it thinks I'm swiping or if it has to do with the new screen scaling changes and if touching near the edge opens the app list. Never noticed such in 8.1 or earlier builds. I'm most definitely touching centers of small tiles, with factory scaling setting (larger text).

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

A couple of issues I'm seeing with build 10581 on my Lumia 1020 that I didn't see on any of the other devices I tested (920, 635, 520, another 1020).

This 1020 is my daily driver and was upgraded directly from 8.1 update 2. I *really* don't want to have to hard reset because Angry Birds Go! and a couple other things that don't survive a backup/restore process. The other devices were hard reset at some point.

1. Syncing email takes *forever* especially when setting up a new account.
2. In the alarms app, I don't have the option of choosing a ringtone. I can get to the ringtones folder by browsing 'my music' but it only shows the MP3 encoded files. On other devices I could select any ringtone.

Last edited:

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or not, but I can't seem to add any items from my SD card to groove music.

bridder

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Running the latest 10581 as an update from 8.1 Update2, no hard reset after the update and working reasonable well. I don't know if this is a bug or not, can't ever remember if this happened on 8.1 on my 830. The volume buttons work and adjust volume even when the screen is in sleep mode, so say you have it on 0 and muted, put the device in your pocket where there is a good chance that the buttons can be pushed as you walk and sit etc. You may find your volume being pushed upto 10 and max volume.

1. Can someone else have a check to see if it is just the 830 or across the board?
2. If someone still has a device on 8.1 could you check the behaviour on that too?

Thanks,
J.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Installed the new build on a 930 here. My issues: 1) often if I tap Messaging or Calendar, I will be taken somewhere else instead; 2) Voice mails don't delete; 3) In Messaging, when going to an existing thread, often the keyboard will pop up obscuring old messages and preventing typing a new one; 4) No Hey Cortana. Doesn't show up as a choice under Extras.

Brendan Cachia

May 13, 2013
Visit site

Sorry if already reposted, noticed this bug using the latest Windows 10 Preview for Phone (Build 10581) on my Nokia Lumia 930.

Locking your phone from the Windows Phone Microsoft Website does not show any message that was shown in WP8.1 i.e. the one highlighting that phone has been locked, with a message and a phone number to call. You simply look at the normal lockscreen.

Unlocking the phone at least requires the 6 pin input in the microsoft website, however the pin stayed the same 6 digit code even after unlocking and locking again (did not revert to the user's former 4-pin code), even after triggering a soft-reset, it required the 6 pin code.

The pin has to be changed manually again.

daan874

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

When using Edge and scrolling through pages, it sometimes copies a certain range of pixels and multiplies it across the whole screen. When taking a screenshot it goes back to a white screen. It's like Edge is on hard drugs for a few seconds.

John Churchill1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

I have updated to 10581 and finally had to do a Hard Reset (numerous times) and DID NOT USE a backup because the restore prevented a lot of the new features etc from actually loading. My Phone is a Lumia 929 (ICON) and my carrier is Verizon. The only issue that I have is that the Voicemail App from Verizon will not download, and the voicemail app from Windows will not start. Does anyone have a similar experience or any way to reset the app?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963