W10M Insider Preview 10586.218 Issues (Threshold branch)

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
This thread should be moved to the regular W10 Mobile forum section.
It has nothing to do with insider preview. All Non-Insider eligible W8.1 phones as well as all phones that shipped with W10 receive(d) it.

Only exceptions are the W8.0 phones which are not eligible to update officially to W10, they can only get it with Insider Preview.
And those which are even further ahead and received already the redstone update.

Another possibility would be to split the thread for these two groups.

However, it is more and more annoying reading about redstone and other such things in a thread about a perfectly "normal" update for non-insiders.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This thread should be moved to the regular W10 Mobile forum section.
It has nothing to do with insider preview. All Non-Insider eligible W8.1 phones as well as all phones that shipped with W10 receive(d) it.

Only exceptions are the W8.0 phones which are not eligible to update officially to W10, they can only get it with Insider Preview.
And those which are even further ahead and received already the redstone update.

Another possibility would be to split the thread for these two groups.

However, it is more and more annoying reading about redstone and other such things in a thread about a perfectly "normal" update for non-insiders.

Infact there's too. Here is for all not eligible phones.
Remember yesterday first news was update for Release, then after one hour the Release for Win10 born phones.
Now, this morning there news about all eligible phones. That's a mess

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Infact there's too. [...]
Oh, I didn't spot it then, only .164.
Sorry.

[...] That's a mess
Indeed. And 50% of pople in the comments are confused, as why they do not get the update, albeit being already in Redstone.

I think Windows Central would do a huge favour to themselves and to many users by posting an article who graphically shows the three branches, the non insider "branch", and how the updates evolved, in a timeline.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia 520, insider phone, and on the fast ring, I didn't receive the update, after checking for it.
I moved to the preview ring and received it. I have noticed by switching before that I would receive the build update shown in Windows Central.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Installed on my 925, did it over 4G as it's a small update.

All Apps overlay looks fixed, haven't tested much else as yet. Still no option for Universal Apps to integrate with the lockscreen though, only legacy apps listed.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Installed on my 925, did it over 4G as it's a small update.

All Apps overlay looks fixed, haven't tested much else as yet. Still no option for Universal Apps to integrate with the lockscreen though, only legacy apps listed.

That proves there's a Gigs limit for Microsoft (or carriers?) to allow carrier data system updates. Previous and far bigger were only wifi allowed

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: 10.0.10586.218 is now available for L1020

Downloaded on production on L925, wasn't available on slow ring so switched to production and the update appeared

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I checked for the update and got the message that it was 70mb and I could download it over cellular if I chose to. Seeing as my new monthly allowance starts tomorrow I went for it.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The fast and slow rings are currently pointing to Redstone builds, so probably unlikely for the time being.
If you change to the 'Release Preview' ring you will get the update.
It's available for your 920.

Thanks. This release has been confusing. Since Fast and Slow now points to Redstone, I should switch to Release Preview then as 920 won't be getting Redstone.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Two questions please: Will this build come to those in Slow ring? Secondly, will the x2x devices like the 920 get this build?

This is released to all phones running W10 from my understanding, GF has a 920 and I have a 1020, both were updated without issues yesterday, both seem a little faster and smoother.

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb