W10M Insider Preview 10586.218 Issues (Threshold branch)

mhermann00

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
@gazy1982: You have to select "Release Preview Ring" in order to get Version *.218. "Fast Ring" and "Slow Ring" are now intended for downloading W10M Redstone release builds.

ScorpioJonesy

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
On my 930 I have a "There were problems installing some updated" error 0x801882c1 - Tried a few restarts of the phone and it wont install. Quite annoying as I did a full hard reset at the weekend and went to production W10M and left the insider programme. If it wasn't for Outlook I would go back to 8.1 :/

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
On my 930 I have a "There were problems installing some updated" error 0x801882c1 - Tried a few restarts of the phone and it wont install. Quite annoying as I did a full hard reset at the weekend and went to production W10M and left the insider programme. If it wasn't for Outlook I would go back to 8.1 :/

Remove SD card if you got one, and check free phone memory if that's enough (at last 1.5 GB)

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Why not just say we are only supporting the older devices via windows insider preview. I don't care about "official" updates as long as I get them via insider. JESUS...talk about make people pissed off for no reason. That being said, I am trading the 1020s in for a new 950 and 950xl using the trade in program. My wife loves her 1020, hopfully she likes the 950 just as much.

If 1020 had stereo recording it would be near perfect, I don't care how old it is. Still luv the 1020

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Any reason my ATT 830 is unable to choose the release preview? I'm currently on the Slow ring and want to change to release preview, but the release preview isn't even an option in the Windows Insider app. Anyone else having this issue?

my dad has a Lumia 635 (512mb) and when going into windows insider app we do not see the production release ring?

any ideas? if the 1020 can get it surely the 635 can?

also although I am using Redstone on 950XL, when opening the windows insiders app I too do not see this ring?

I have been told the following and i quote:
You cannot see Release because it could be a downgrade and a o.s. can be downgraded! If you want Release, you must recover first phone via WDRT

So my understanding is that we can't update because we were screwing with official, production rings and swithing to insider and back....

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
You cannot see Release because it could be a downgrade and a o.s. can be downgraded! If you want Release, you must recover first phone via WDRT

So my understanding is that we can't update because we were screwing with official, production rings and swithing to insider and back....

Easier:
you cannot install a lower number build on a higher number build.
Only the contrary. As always on pc and phones. Easy, it isn't? ;)

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
@gazy1982: You have to select "Release Preview Ring" in order to get Version *.218. "Fast Ring" and "Slow Ring" are now intended for downloading W10M Redstone release builds.

yes but option is not available in the list. I see fast, slow and production only. so no way to select the release ring

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

so is it possible my dad has Redstone build on his lumia 635 512GB? if so then I understand but I assume that this is impossible as they surely haven't included this phone for fast ring and so I would expect the release ring to be an option in the list?

I'm only going on what he has told me over the phone so will check with him tonight :) thanks for the replies though :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
so is it possible my dad has Redstone build on his lumia 635 512GB? if so then I understand but I assume that this is impossible as they surely haven't included this phone for fast ring and so I would expect the release ring to be an option in the list?

I'm only going on what he has told me over the phone so will check with him tonight :) thanks for the replies though :)

Exactly what we mean: that phone is already in Redstone , maybe via Slow Ring, so it cannot downgrade to Threshold directly.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Maps- GPS bug still there. It is very easy to replicate it.
With location turned off go to maps.
Click on a spot (current location) icon on the right. It will ask you to go to settings and turn on location.
Click on setting button and turn on location in settings
Now exit setings and maps with the back {<- } button.
Open action center and try to turn off location with toggle.
Phone completely freezes...
This bug has been present on all phones in build 10586 for some time now. Would be nice if MS would fix it already

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
on my 950xl with .218 I take a photo, I delete that photo, I go to file explorer and browse to camera roll, photo is still there ???

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
great!

my dad is pretty old so it wouldn't surprise me if he had got himself on Redstone

but saying that I un-enrolled him i.e. put on production ring. so quite surprised he's managed to get this update. I also told a friend with a 930 to get off the fast ring and he went to production. he also got a notification to get Redstone not knowing it at the time!
Exactly what we mean: that phone is already in Redstone , maybe via Slow Ring, so it cannot downgrade to Threshold directly.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
After spending some time with the .218 version here are some observations:
Able to adjust font size in apps setting.
Can now get sound for email notification! (must choose sound in email settings!)
Uninstalling Lumia Moments stopped the Microsoft Photo Plugin from failing to update in store. (It no longer tries to update)
No problems with contacts or calendar (never had any in version .164)
Battery usage has slowed down a bit (from 300% increase to 200%)
All my apps are now listed on the apps page (Asphalt 8 disappeared but could run from the start page)
Touch runs silky smooth.
I've had no crashes and I've have not done a hard reset (I see no reason at this point)
My 640 does get warmer with Asphalt 8. It never did before updating to W10

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte