W10M Insider Preview 10586.218 Issues (Threshold branch)

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Seems smoother on my Lumia 820. I went WP8.1.1 -> W10M TH2 b107 -> W10M TH2 b218 -> Hard reset.

It now seems smooth as butter. I really can not understand why Microsoft decided not to offer this for previous gen Lumia 820, 92x and 1020 Lumia users. It runs perfectly fine.

sri kamal

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
After 14322 mobile build.. WhatsApp and many apps don't open at all

What to do now some apps like WhatsApp have the backup option inside the app :-( and when tried to reinstall store keep on crashing when searched for an app

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
How is this build (.218) working on 92x series?

Does it have the following bug:
1. Screen flickering issue while changing songs
2. If it hangs during phone call (reported by some members)
3. Battery life & sms sync issue

Any other serious problem especially for L925 like glance screen not working?

Last edited:

gzerokai

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
So far it seems to be running with no issues on my Blu Win HD LTE (US variant). The problems i had with build 10586.164 are gone

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been using L925 with .218 update. No issues so far, mobile is stable and working smoothly.

Here are my answers for your questions based on my observations so far:

Ans: No

Ans: I can say that battery life improved with this update (I turned off unnecessary background apps) and I don't see any synchronization issues.

Glance screen works good, I don't see any issues with it as well.

Verdict: On L925 .218 update is better than .164 update.

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
How is this build (.218) working on 92x series?

Any other serious problem especially for L925 like glance screen not working?

I have been using L925 with .218 update. No issues so far, mobile is stable and working smoothly.

Ans: I can say that battery life improved with this update (I turned off unnecessary background apps) and I don't see any synchronization issues.

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

Thanks. Did you hard reset your phone??
Cortana works fine??

Michal Jarkovsky

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,
I keep seeing location icon turned on. I disabled manually permission to use location services for each app and yet still I see location icon shown.
Do you experience the same issue?
I am on Lumia 830 10586.218 build.
Thanks a lot
Michal

Gunter Selleslagh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Still blank icons for Groove Music and Weather in all apps list after update to .218 on L830. Blank icons appeared after upgrade from WP 8.1 with Insider Preview. No fix without hard reset?

HaroldOfTheRocks

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the time is current on the glance screen but the battery level is old on the lock screen because I had the phone on the charger and it still showed the old level when it was frozen. So at least we know we have the same exact problem. It doesn't appear to be widespread though. No issues yet for me with SMS sync turned off but it's only been a few hours so too early to tell for sure. I'm hoping that's it though because the problem is driving me crazy.
One thing is I did originally have the first couple of Redstone builds from the fast ring but later decided to go back to production releases until some issues were resolved. I'm wondering if that is what broke the SMS sync for me and if whatever SMS is stored online from those builds is giving trouble syncing with the .218 build. It would somewhat make sense that the phone is trying to sync SMS after sitting idle for while and whatever it is trying to download is locking up the phone for whatever reason. Were you previously on any Redstone builds from the fast ring? Anyway it's just a guess at this time. I'll report back tomorrow with any results.
EDIT: The problem occurred again with SMS syncing turned off. I don't suspect my SD card as no apps are stored on there so I don't know what to think at this point. I'm going to go ahead and install the latest Redstone build in the fast ring and see if that resolves this.
So, to correct myself: Time/Battery are current on Glace screen. My main issue is on wake: the lock screen only displays the picture and back/home/search - no Clock/Calendar/Notifications. Only solution found is to soft-reset. (A rarer variation on this is that it will not wake with a power button press. In these cases, holding the power button wakes it with the "slide down to power off" message. If I slide up, all is well.)
Yesterday, the phone lasted about 12 hours after turning off SMS sync, going from work (no cell), home (cell/wifi), hockey game (cell/arena wifi), back home. It wasn't until I was finally home that it locked up once, then again when I got up this morning. (Possibly related: camera locked up at the game, required reboot, but not soft reset.)
I've never been on non-production build with this phone so that's not the case for me. When I first got the 950XL last November, I had to do a hard reset but that's the only time. Maybe it's an app? Store updates? Camera roll sync? I can't say for sure. Let me know how Redstone goes - if the reboot count goes down, I might consider it.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
So, to correct myself: Time/Battery are current on Glace screen. My main issue is on wake: the lock screen only displays the picture and back/home/search - no Clock/Calendar/Notifications. Only solution found is to soft-reset. (A rarer variation on this is that it will not wake with a power button press. In these cases, holding the power button wakes it with the "slide down to power off" message. If I slide up, all is well.)
Yesterday, the phone lasted about 12 hours after turning off SMS sync, going from work (no cell), home (cell/wifi), hockey game (cell/arena wifi), back home. It wasn't until I was finally home that it locked up once, then again when I got up this morning. (Possibly related: camera locked up at the game, required reboot, but not soft reset.)
I've never been on non-production build with this phone so that's not the case for me. When I first got the 950XL last November, I had to do a hard reset but that's the only time. Maybe it's an app? Store updates? Camera roll sync? I can't say for sure. Let me know how Redstone goes - if the reboot count goes down, I might consider it.

I installed the 14322 build last night and at first it seemed fine but I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed it was locked up. I decided it might be because I upgraded from .218 so I did a hard reset (keeping the 14322 build) and have not had any problems all day. This time I turned off glance (though it mysteriously appears on occasion anyway), SMS sync, and erased my SD card and set it to not use the SD card at all. I also haven't yet installed any apps other than those that are installed by default. So I don't know what fixed it, assuming it is fixed. I'd like to wait longer before deciding for sure and then I'll have to slowly enable things and install apps again to see if the problem happens again with this new 14322 build. But I do know that .218 was problematic for me even after a hard reset though it's unclear why.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Lock screen notification is unreliable. I got Outlook Mail, Messages, Facebook to display on the lock screen, and it seems it does not update properly. I had 6 unread messages on Outlook Mail, I checked Outlook Mail several times, even deleted recent messages but the 6 unread messages icon just stuck on the lock screen.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen notification is unreliable. I got Outlook Mail, Messages, Facebook to display on the lock screen, and it seems it does not update properly. I had 6 unread messages on Outlook Mail, I checked Outlook Mail several times, even deleted recent messages but the 6 unread messages icon just stuck on the lock screen.

Go to 'Background Apps' in Settings. Find the windows lock screen app and switch it off and on again. This should reset the background process for the lock screen.

vishal_vtv

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: 10.0.10586.218 is now available for L1020

after the update shareit ain't opening and also some icons not showing properly in the apps draw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo