W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 10586.420 of W10M. Discuss it all here.

Windows 10 10586.420 now available for PC and Mobile on Production and Release Preview | Windows Central

Note that this build matches Release Ring.

Report your issues here...

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]
Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Software Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.
[/TIP]
[INFO]
Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Software Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version
[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]
When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA144635&token=v-qUprjF[/INFO]

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Official 10586.420 Issues (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

I'm getting desperate. Since who knows when, my battery life is just aweful (on Windows 10). I'll see if this build makes it better, but I'm doubtful.
To be a bit more precise, on 8.1, my phone was always on max brightness (high, and modified high to be the brightest possible in display settings). It lasted a whole day easy.
Now if I put it on the same setting (highest high), it flops in under a few hours.

And for the last few builds (both Redstone and Threshold) the battery indicator DGAF to indicate the correct value. It jumps from one number to another. One moment I'm at 60%, and in the next it just shuts down. After plugging it in, it says 3%. I'm having some real bad timee here. Good thing I almost don't even use my phone anymore, else I'd be pist AF.

EDIT: Yup, I've just tried it again. Browsing Readit (such a great app) for like an hour - battery melted from 100 to 55%. Then I got a battery critically low warning which was followed by an immediate shutdown. I plug the phone in, and it doesn't turn on for 5 seconds (which means the battery was completely empty, only the capacitive buttons were blinking indicating that it wasn't dead, just drained). After that, it turns on and says 55% again. I disconnect the charger, continue browsing the web (on Edge), for like 5 minutes and then there's another critical battery warning again followed by an immediate shutdown.
Plug in charger again - 2% battery.

If that's a stable build, then I'm afraid to ask what's a preview.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If that's a stable build, then I'm afraid to ask what's a preview.

Your experience is definitely outside the norm.

What phone are you using? Could it be the battery is at the end of its life?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

So I am on this the latest official build , not Redstone, on my new 950 XL. Using the camera app makes my phone super hot! Also, if I click the little picture I just took within the Camera app, the phone screen blacks out.

Also clicking in Edge text boxes doesn't always bring up the keyboard,; have to paste or select all to get keyboard to show up.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Your experience is definitely outside the norm.

What phone are you using? Could it be the battery is at the end of its life?

A few years old L1520. You're right, it could be the battery, but the change was sudden. It would be a good idea for me to roll back to 8.1 and check if I have the same problem there, though that would require a lot of work which I don't have the time to do now.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

The BLACK BAR Bug or should i say the screen resolution bug in some games is still present in this build on selected devices especially on my Lumia 535. I know they fixed it on the redstone build but why can't they fix it for this treshold build aslo? :(

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm saddened that I can't even redownload Instagram. Hoping this is fixed soon. :/

Edit: Something about this also broke the T-Mobile app too. Whatever it is that has broken some apps, I hope it will be fixed soon or else there's no way I could even use this as a occasional DD.

Going to try a hard reset on my other phone and then see if this would make a difference.

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

A few years old L1520. You're right, it could be the battery, but the change was sudden. It would be a good idea for me to roll back to 8.1 and check if I have the same problem there, though that would require a lot of work which I don't have the time to do now.

Yeah, or at least backup/reset, or maybe just de-install some apps.
From .318 on (Release Preview obviously), our battery issues went from a pain-in-the-neck, to normal 8.1 times, give or take a little, maybe. This is on a 950XL, HTC One M8, and an old 1020. All are humming along, now all on .420.
The other thing that >= .318 did was stabilize things a LOT, particularly for the older phones we use, all of sudden my "family support incidents" went to 1-2 week, instead of the same number daily ;-]
I'll be bummed when the two phones get "left behind" on whatever the last threshold build is, but I'm relatively confident that it'll be a good, solid build now, and will serve the phones for a good "second life".

Last edited:

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

I had a 1520 similar issues I was blaming w10m felt like i could blow up the battery in 3-4 hours I replaced the battery and problem was solved.

bigwils36

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

I'm the same mate I can't download instagram anymore it's saying I need more features and hardware so well done Microsoft
I'm saddened that I can't even redownload Instagram. Hoping this is fixed soon. :/

Edit: Something about this also broke the T-Mobile app too. Whatever it is that has broken some apps, I hope it will be fixed soon or else there's no way I could even use this as a occasional DD.

Going to try a hard reset on my other phone and then see if this would make a difference.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Getting same issue here with not being able to download Instagram on Lumia 930.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm the same mate I can't download instagram anymore it's saying I need more features and hardware so well done Microsoft

Getting same issue here with not being able to download Instagram on Lumia 930.

The question I'm having is why download instagram? Is this the first time you're downloading or you guys had done a hard reset after updating to 10586.420?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

So I am on this the latest official build , not Redstone, on my new 950 XL. Using the camera app makes my phone super hot! Also, if I click the little picture I just took within the Camera app, the phone screen blacks out.

Also clicking in Edge text boxes doesn't always bring up the keyboard,; have to paste or select all to get keyboard to show up.

Seriously? That is so weird.

950XL here it stays cool even in games. Only 1 game has the ability to warm it up and that's Candy Crush Jelly, not sure why that game has more impact than something like Asphalt 8. It's likely it requires more CPU than GPU for calculations.

This may seem odd but go to your storage settings and sort apps & games by size. See if there are any apps there that may stick out in size. I had one app called Sooner or later that was somehow accumulating 1.9gigs of space when it's a few megs when you initially download. It is a simple grocery list program. And even with a small list for the first time if I leave it without ever using it again it somehow always builds up this mass amount of storage. It was causing me a lot of issues so I removed it. Even my brother had some odd issue when I was upgrading him to windows 10 on his lumia 925 I was trying to free up space for the upgrade and some of his apps like IMDB took up gigs. It made no sense. Something obviously happens that rapidly uses CPU and uses up storage.

If everything looks fine, you should do a factory reset and don't restore any backups. Test it out from a fresh install. Try installing only the apps you really need and see for a while. If it fixes it, it may be something with your backup, or some app in particular. If it doesn't fix it. Go exchange it. Opening camera should not do this. That is just ridiculous. Just show the MS store rep what happens.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

Anybody also have the problem that the time is not correct anymore?

My L930 is set to automatic, but it is running 1 Hour and 4 minutes behind... (?)

Edit, update:
And the time is ok now..... strange.

Last edited:

Muhammad Nura

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Not the first time, and doing a hard reset after every update is a shame to MS. I cant keep exhausting my Data plan to updates apps after every reset. In btw I don't have access to wifi in my location.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The question I'm having is why download instagram? Is this the first time you're downloading or you guys had done a hard reset after updating to 10586.420?

Nope, I have downloaded Instagram before this update (one of my devices is on Production and the other on Release Preview). I did a hard reset for one of them before updating, and the other one I did after updating. Either way, no luck. This is disappointing.

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

I never had any problems before with the official 10586.XXX builds..
but, right after updating to build 10586.420. here is my experience...-->
first of all the most important. [BATTERY]
overnight , it used to discharge 2-3% , but since yesterday it is discharging like 7-10% per hour without even using it. on standby.
in morning I found 24% battery remaining , which was 58% , 6 hours before.
I did a soft reset, only to find half of my start screen tiles blank.
did a soft reset again....now the start screen was fine as before, but battery problem still persist.
please anyone , if having this problem or any solution then you are welcome to share your thoughts.
L640 XL DS

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

Installed versions are working fine like on my 730. Though on my mom's 950XL, the update wrecked her device, so had to reset it. After that, there is no way you can install Instagram, though other apps installed properly.
On a side note, this build seems fine on my device. No glaringly apparent bugs.

xsikal

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Groove is back to being a disaster for me... stopped broadcasting over BT to my car stereo multiple times on the drive in, the artist and album info appears to have been dropped from most of my music, and shuffle all appears to have picked 12 songs at random to shuffle before starting over.

But otherwise, it's just great. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb