W10M start screen concept

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
It would be great if the start screen in Windows 10 Mobile would have customizability to assign accent colour of your choice to all pinned app tiles with the option of controlling transparency of the tiles. Also, big gaps between each and every adjoining tiles would make easy to navigate between tiles in start screen. That would be a nice customization option in Windows 10 Mobile.
What do you Windows 10 Mobile Insiders think?

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not an insider but here's what I think:

Being able to assign "custom accent colors to all pinned app tiles" with the ability to control the transparency of the tiles is neat; in fact, if I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen leaks or screenshots of this feature in one of the technical builds several months ago - but if I also recall correctly, such a feature has never been confirmed with certainty. But to be accurate, if you instead meant "a custom accent color for all of the pinned app tiles" meaning just one accent color for all, then it'll be nice - but if you meant being able to set a different color for each tile, then that may be contrary to theming. How about being able to theme apps by type instead, e.g. games will be red, office apps will be green, chat apps will be yellow, etc.? This could either add noise or customization, depending on the taste of the user.

For the gaps between tiles, not sure why there's a need to make it easy to navigate between tiles in the start screen... what's there to navigate to? For me, having big gaps makes the interface less sleek or tight. It doesn't maximize the space; instead of displaying information, the space occupied by the gaps would be "wasted".

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not an insider but here's what I think:

Being able to assign "custom accent colors to all pinned app tiles" with the ability to control the transparency of the tiles is neat; in fact, if I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen leaks or screenshots of this feature in one of the technical builds several months ago - but if I also recall correctly, such a feature has never been confirmed with certainty. But to be accurate, if you instead meant "a custom accent color for all of the pinned app tiles" meaning just one accent color for all, then it'll be nice - but if you meant being able to set a different color for each tile, then that may be contrary to theming. How about being able to theme apps by type instead, e.g. games will be red, office apps will be green, chat apps will be yellow, etc.? This could either add noise or customization, depending on the taste of the user.

Your idea for different type apps with different coloured tiles is also great.

I meant ability to assign different accent colours to each different pinned tiles from settings or within app settings, the default whole transparent or all tiles with same accent colour is boring and uninspiring in Windows 10 mobile.

It would be awesome to have option for full transparency, assign different colours to each pinned tiles, and assign same accent colour to all tiles in Windows 10 mobile.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
But, I want option to assign different colours of my choice to different pinned tiles in start screen with transparency options, either from settings or from the settings of the app of the pinned tiles, not just one coloured tiles with transparency options.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I like the Start Screen how it is now. What I want is:
More sizes
Interactivity (I want music controls built into Groove, etc.)
Something to the left of the Start Screen (I was thinking a hub for messaging, phone, and People would be great there).

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I like the Start Screen how it is now. What I want is:
More sizes
Interactivity (I want music controls built into Groove, etc.)
Something to the left of the Start Screen (I was thinking a hub for messaging, phone, and People would be great there).

Then, send feedback about this if you are a Windows Insider for Windows 10 Mobile. I am also sending your this suggestion in feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos