Was going to get the new Surface Pro 4 but after reading here . . . . . .

greggebhardt

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I am reading about a lot of problems here. Been using a MacBook Air 13" and doing Windows via BootCamp. Like Apple just because of the hardware.

Thinking of of moving to the Surface Pro 4 later this year but hoping some of the problems I read about here will be fixed. I know these forums amplify the bad sometimes but they also inform.

Need to run AutoCad, Photoshop, Quickbooks and MS Office in the field and am thinking I will need the i7 unit for these but worry about the battery life. Not sure if the i5 model will work well.

​hello to Mayflyn!

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Surface Pro 4? To my knowledge there haven't been any details released?
If you mean a SP3 then I think the i5 works be ok, although I'd go for the 8GB version. The 4GB is ok for everything I do but for AutoCAD the extra would be worth paying for.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You will get considerably worse battery life out of the SP3 just because the MBA13 has such ridiculous battery life.
Hopefully the SP4 brings more battery life

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm concerned that the processor they use in the SP4 (in all likelyhood the Core M) will not give good enough performance or battery life. From all reports the Core M delivers a considerable drop in performance (somewhere between a Core i3 and a Core i5) while still not giving any significant boost in battery life. The only advantage I can see is the potential for a fanless design.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You will get considerably worse battery life out of the SP3 just because the MBA13 has such ridiculous battery life.
Hopefully the SP4 brings more battery life

Well that probably boils down to the resolution at 1440 x 900... (pixel density of 128 ppi) :winktongue: .

[URL="https://www.apple.com/uk/macbook-air/specs/#mn_p]https://www.apple.com/uk/macbook-air/specs.html
[/URL]
I'm guessing the OP meant the SP3.. if not then care to share your sources :grin:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb