Was MS put into a DO or DIE situation?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think some of the frustrations are that we have a feedback system and public places like this. However, we don't have a way to know issues being identified and worked on. MS can't give away details of new features but it would be nice to know if the issues have been acknowledged.

I've also seen Microsoft leave bugs in products for close to 10 years. But that's on SQL Server Management Studio.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft worked until every customer was happy with the software, then two things would happen:-

* It would be so complicated that no one would be able to use it
* It would never be released

Windows 10 has been designed to evolve over many years to come. In order to evolve, it's got to crawl out of the slime and start walking on dry land.

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much all of the functional issues I submitted have been fixed. The last big one being the ability to create shared drives from a WD My Cloud NAS. I see a niggle or two every now and again, but 10240 seems pretty solid, albeit not perfect.

It really takes getting software into production before you can evaluate and fix all the minor elements. I keep finding and reporting small things, most are usability tweaks more than functionality problems.

My report last night - why is it so hard to find the screen saver settings?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
* It would be so complicated that no one would be able to use it
* It would never be released

True with every product, especially software.

Hopefully, MS can wow with some surprises in the weeks following general release while they still have the attention of the press. That would help highlight Windows as a service.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My report last night - why is it so hard to find the screen saver settings?

LOL, I think that is on purpose. They don't want people using them anymore in favor of the more eco friendly suspend.

I remember in the old days it was the first thing you did to test computer performance.

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I am a big fan of all the integration they are doing, from One Drive to Xbox One Screen mirroring I think that is going to bring a lot of value.

The first big hiccup I think MS is going to face, is the push for a MS account during setup. Most people do not have a MS account, and while it isn't required for the upgrade, MS makes you jump through a few hoops to setup without one.

I predict lots of complaining and conspiracy theory's on this fact alone. MS needs to push the 15GB of free One Drive space and all the integration points as part of the marketing push.

I do love my 365 subscription, btw. You never hear about that, but as a guy with teenage girls, and all the cloud space and my ability to manage Office across iPads and laptops, very, very nice.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh my, the MS conspiracy theorists are almost as bad as the Apollo conspiracy theorists. Many of them are probably the same people.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The first big hiccup I think MS is going to face, is the push for a MS account during setup. Most people do not have a MS account, and while it isn't required for the upgrade, MS makes you jump through a few hoops to setup without one.

If you look at the trending threads and unanswered questions right about now. There are more hiccups than you can think off. In my case on TP this very important security update is stuck in a forever installation fail loop. Tried evry solution posted by other forums. Nothing happened.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs