was the switch worth it

sonic1519

May 7, 2013
Visit site
hope this question hasn't been asked over and over. but anyway i'm new to the windows phone. i went with the Lumia 920
i was using an iphone5. so far not regretting it a bit. but my wish list on the next up grade is not all that much.
wish there was a way to view email media without having to click download every time. improve notifications on the
lock screen would be great. chrome would be nice. there's a couple more but i don't won't to sound like i don't like the
phone because i do. jmo though

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Great that you like your 920.

In email Microsoft has disabled auto download of images for reducing data usage and also for security reasons. Unfortunately there is no option to enable auto download.

Notifications improvement in my case would mean to be able click to open apps from lock screen, slide show of wallpapers (like windows 8.1).

Chrome, oh my , I don't know when this will come, maybe at a hypothetical point of time where Microsoft and Google are BFFs.

Don't worry to post any issues, the forums might have a solution, you never know

Cheers.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
hope this question hasn't been asked over and over. but anyway i'm new to the windows phone. i went with the Lumia 920
i was using an iphone5. so far not regretting it a bit. but my wish list on the next up grade is not all that much.
wish there was a way to view email media without having to click download every time. improve notifications on the
lock screen would be great. chrome would be nice. there's a couple more but i don't won't to sound like i don't like the
phone because i do. jmo though

Hope you enjoy your Lumia device. Truly an amazing device bro.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4 to WP8 in November, when I got the Lumia 810. Definitely worth the switch, and as of May, I've been using an unlocked Rogers 920 on my longtime carrier, T-Mobile. Love it!

intoxicated662

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I too made the switch, but not fully nor completely. I go back and forth between my iPhone 4S 64GB & Nokia Lumia 920. I prefer the 920's camera/video as it is better quality than that of even an iPhone 5 and also like that the screen is of better quality and bigger. There are some drawbacks from the 920 such as apps and things it doesn't do well compared to an iPhone but I still enjoy using them both on T-Mobile. I do get good compliments about the 920 when people see it as it's not the norm to have I suppose and have gotten a few people to switch over to Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb