WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

When it comes to contacting old people I knew I really don't care what they think of me. I am who I am. I've changed somewhat. It's part of growing up and getting older. People have a bad tendency to stick to 'who you were' and not celebrate who you are. The past is the past, you cannot change that but you can change and improve on who you are now. If people don't accept that then they're not people I want anything to do with.

Well said. I felt the same way about having to be the one to stay on touch. What I do now is make sure that who I keep in contact with, we spend quality time. So yes, they hear from me less, but when we talk it is meaningful contact. That's the tradeoff I make. Some are fine with it, others aren't.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

So, where is everyone buying Star Trek Into Darkness?
Apparently different retailers have different versions… I’d hope one of them has the Imax version in the US, but so far I haven’t noticed it. I think it was Transformers 2 that had had an Imax version exclusive to Wally-Mart… At first I thought it would be distracting going from scenes with black bars at the top/bottom to full 16:9 scenes, but after watching it, man did those Imax scenes pop!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Apparently different retailers have different versions… I’d hope one of them has the Imax version in the US, but so far I haven’t noticed it. I think it was Transformers 2 that had had an Imax version exclusive to Wally-Mart… At first I thought it would be distracting going from scenes with black bars at the top/bottom to full 16:9 scenes, but after watching it, man did those Imax scenes pop!

Sainsbury have got an extra disc with there version.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They have gotten my money for this awful converted 3D crap everybody is doing now to make movies more expensive for no added value, I think that's quite enough for this movie ;-)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to buy a new laptop in a few years time max 5 years....

I promised 5 years!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I like to dance with the lights off....

Relight my fire, it my only desire....

Lights. Camera. Actions!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

They have gotten my money for this awful converted 3D crap everybody is doing now to make movies more expensive for no added value, I think that's quite enough for this movie ;-)

I'm not a fan of 3D movies... If there was some way to add more depth and not need glasses, I'd probably be all over it.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

shutdown /p

Avoid those damn updates!

Oh my gosh the CMD tags look like an actual command prompt window :D WPCentral forum devs you are awesome!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm not a fan of 3D movies... If there was some way to add more depth and not need glasses, I'd probably be all over it.

I just don't notice the effect longer than a few minutes, and that's for movies really shot in 3D. The converted stuff is even worse.

I wouldn't mind it, if they didn't make the tickets so much more expensive and removing the theaters showing movies in 2D. It's just a poorly hidden price increase.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I just don't notice the effect longer than a few minutes, and that's for movies really shot in 3D. The converted stuff is even worse.

I wouldn't mind it, if they didn't make the tickets so much more expensive and removing the theaters showing movies in 2D. It's just a poorly hidden price increase.

3D awesome!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital