WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll have to check it out. Earl Grey is my favourite tea.
The Earl Grey is divine. Really aromatic and the taste is fabulous.

Well, this is to me I should point out... I personally think the company did a good job with the flavour. I've tried other Earl Grey teas and they were just horrible.

I haven't checked but you should be able to buy it online. They sell it in tins which is nice.

Not cheap though!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm a coffee person and I buy beans to grind them with my Hario. I have two Kona beans and it looks like I was expecting to much. There are beans from Starbucks Reserve that tasted better for me.

One kind of beans though I can't stand is one from Papua New Guinea. They're so bitter.

Black coffee person here...
We have a grinder which we use when we get beans. Our espresso machine has a grinder built in but we don't have that with us at the moment.

I'm not a fan of most African beans. I find they have a dirty flavor to them. Some can be bitter too. I'm fond of South American beans. I do like Australian beans but difficult to find here.

Maybe one day I'll get around to drinking coffee black but currently I only do that in shots.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As for phones. I haven't got 8.1 yet...

Doesn't matter though.

In other news we're apparently getting rain tonight. 🤸
It rained and it didn't kid around.

The storms are so reminiscent of Australia it's almost scary.

High winds, thunder, lightening and torrential rain mixed with hail. Fun.

Need to go out and scope for possible damage.

More rain today but I don't think it will be like last night. I hope. The humidity is out of the air now.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

We have a grinder which we use when we get beans. Our espresso machine has a grinder built in but we don't have that with us at the moment.

I'm not a fan of most African beans. I find they have a dirty flavor to them. Some can be bitter too. I'm fond of South American beans. I do like Australian beans but difficult to find here.

Maybe one day I'll get around to drinking coffee black but currently I only do that in shots.
Australian beans... Can you share a few? I have a friend in Australia...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Australian beans... Can you share a few? I have a friend in Australia...
Google Coffee Atherton Tablelands Australia.

That's where the major coffee plantations are.

I used to order from Jaques Coffee, medium roast. Best coffee I every found with chocolate notes. They do espresso coffee as well.

Coffee is grown on the east coast all the way down to the mid cost of NSW. Small plantations.

Hope you find something you like.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It rained and it didn't kid around.

The storms are so reminiscent of Australia it's almost scary.

High winds, thunder, lightening and torrential rain mixed with hail. Fun.

Need to go out and scope for possible damage.

More rain today but I don't think it will be like last night. I hope. The humidity is out of the air now.

I hope that the damage wasn't too bad for you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Google Coffee Atherton Tablelands Australia.

That's where the major coffee plantations are.

I used to order from Jaques Coffee, medium roast. Best coffee I every found with chocolate notes. They do espresso coffee as well.

Coffee is grown on the east coast all the way down to the mid cost of NSW. Small plantations.

Hope you find something you like.

Rue, I had no idea that you were so into coffee (and tea)! It's really cool to read this, even though most of it has gone over my head lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, I had no idea that you were so into coffee (and tea)! It's really cool to read this, even though most of it has gone over my head lol.
I admitted to being into coffee a long time ago on this thread and possibly the coffee thread.

I've read two books on the subject.

At the end of the day coffee comes down to personal taste.

I never drank coffee before I was 32. If I did I didn't enjoy it. Most popular coffee in Canada is from Tim Hortons... Yuck... More like gut rot...

So it wasn't until I lived in Australia that I appreciated coffee more. There's a big coffee culture there.

Good coffee is simple coffee. French press and a kettle is all you need and a quality coffee you like.

For me that's a pure arabica coffee preferably single origin. Medium to dark roast, depending on my mood. Nice nutty flavor with a hint of chocolate. Rich tasting with a nice smooth finish.

Do I sound snobby yet? 🤣

A good coffee is no different than a good wine. Always comes down to personal taste.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm actually not a coffee person at all. I like my tea and hot chocolate though.
You will be assimilated!

If you like a good tea and don't faint at prices, give Kusmi a try. It's a nice tea in general but you can make it a special event tea.

Haven't seen you in a while. How ya been?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The Earl Grey is divine. Really aromatic and the taste is fabulous.

Well, this is to me I should point out... I personally think the company did a good job with the flavour. I've tried other Earl Grey teas and they were just horrible.

I haven't checked but you should be able to buy it online. They sell it in tins which is nice.

Not cheap though!
I'll definitely check into it. I prefer tea sold in tins.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

So coffee lovers.... anyone brave/foolish enough to have tried luwak coffee??

I had a chance but declined... It had nothing to do with the video of the civet cat !!!! .... more like I won't pay that much for a cup of coffee.??????

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I had a chance but declined... It had nothing to do with the video of the civet cat !!!! .... more like I won't pay that much for a cup of coffee.

Nah, I saw “The Bucket List”. Not interested.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had a chance but declined... It had nothing to do with the video of the civet cat !!!! .... more like I won't pay that much for a cup of coffee.
I actually wanted to try it but like you the cost was a bit much.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Some days you just feel like...

https://youtu.be/Y6QcHg4XRhM
For all the days I feel like that, I occasionally get hit with a lightning bolt like this:

Inpatient client: "Man, I think you're good a really good job. I know you're a busy man with a lot of other clients. But you always make me feel like I'm the only client you have whenever you come visit.'

The struggle continues.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm supposed to be doing an obstacle course next week - carrying cinder blocks, bear crawls, scaling walls, parkour over cop cars, etc. I've been exhausted at work and haven't been able to train in the way I want.

Looks like I'll get hammered. Meanwhile, the GF who has been training is anxious about the event and is going on and on about getting lots of sleep in preparation for next week.

It's gonna make some kinda story indeed. SMH...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy