WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang, just stopping in to share a couple of my newest creations. I put all of my heart and soul into these, so please like, share, subscribe, all that good stuff!

In this piece, I’m experimenting with AudioLayer (a sampling app)

The jam starts coming together after a minute or so.

Craving some Feedback!!

https://youtu.be/HX1HpHnRNC4
I'm really enjoying this track. Great new stuff.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I did. I'm all done with COVID vaccines now.
Ugh, I got my 2nd Pfizer on Thursday and it's been horrible. My arm was sore almost immediately - to the point I couldn't raise it at all Friday and most of Saturday. My truck is a stick-shift (aka Millennial anti-theft system) so rowing through the gears was an adventure involving my thighs. Friday night was the worst. I had horrible chills all night but didn't have a lick of fever. I was a human earthquake and the recent Sciatica flareup resurfaced with a vengeance. Sunday night and my arm is still very sore to the touch and my leg is almost pain free.

God I hope nobody else has had a similar experience. My wife and my boss got theirs at the same time I did and they've both had their collective a$$es handed to them too.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Ugh, I got my 2nd Pfizer on Thursday and it's been horrible. My arm was sore almost immediately - to the point I couldn't raise it at all Friday and most of Saturday. My truck is a stick-shift (aka Millennial anti-theft system) so rowing through the gears was an adventure involving my thighs. Friday night was the worst. I had horrible chills all night but didn't have a lick of fever. I was a human earthquake and the recent Sciatica flareup resurfaced with a vengeance. Sunday night and my arm is still very sore to the touch and my leg is almost pain free.

God I hope nobody else has had a similar experience. My wife and my boss got theirs at the same time I did and they've both had their collective a$$es handed to them too.

It's still funny to me that American teens and those of similar age can't drive stick. I get the background, but still kind of funny.

Anyway, hope the pain goes away quickly. You can always shift gears with your left hand with a bit of planning lol.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's still funny to me that American teens and those of similar age can't drive stick. I get the background, but still kind of funny.

Anyway, hope the pain goes away quickly. You can always shift gears with your left hand with a bit of planning lol.

Saying this I remembered driving a weird Mercedes van. It had no clutch but had a stick shift. When you want to change gears you just release the gas pedal.
Ended up stomping on a break thinking it was a clutch way too many times.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Some serious sh** happening in the world's most conflict-free area known as Balkan.

Basically, somebody (don't want to point fingers at you Slovenia) sent out a non-paper to EU parliament or something, with a plan of dissolving Bosnia and annecting it's parts to Serbia and Croatia, leaving only a small Bosniak-majority part as the new Bosnia (this time no Herzrgovina, they would add that to Croatia).

Now, if you think this is something new, it really isn't. This is the same thing that triggered all those Balkan wars and the last one in the '90s with genocides and everything.

Sad thing is, all these aspirations for terittories date back to an 1844 document called 'Načertanije' (The Draft).

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Also, 12 top notch European football clubs just announced a new league, a Super League (awful name, there's like already 4 national leagues of the same name).
It is heavily influenced by the NBA model and totally illegal by the current rulings of UEFA and FIFA. It's basically a league for the rich.

UEFA already said the clubs who join it will be banned from playing in their domestic leagues, their players banned from playing both European and World cups.

It will be interesting to see how the situation unfolds.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Saying this I remembered driving a weird Mercedes van. It had no clutch but had a stick shift. When you want to change gears you just release the gas pedal.

In the late 30's early 40's, Dodge/Desoto vehicles had something called "Fluid Drive." Worked like your Mercedes Van.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Volkswagen and Porsche had this in the late 60s. VW called it "semi-automatic".

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I hate to rag on Millennials but they're not doing themselves any favors. Not only do they feel shifting gears is too much of a chore, they're all in on driverless cars. They just want to get in and get back on the phone. This is what happens: A Tesla Model S car crash leaves two dead in Texas and ignites blaze (usatoday.com)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I hate to rag on Millennials but they're not doing themselves any favors. Not only do they feel shifting gears is too much of a chore, they're all in on driverless cars. They just want to get in and get back on the phone. This is what happens: A Tesla Model S car crash leaves two dead in Texas and ignites blaze (usatoday.com)

I've never been sold on the idea of self driving cars. It doesn't feel involving at all. Maybe it makes sense for the US, since your cities can be far away from each other and the highway can be a bit boring.

I only use cruise-control (we call it tempomat), basically just to keep a certain speed so my leg doesn't have to be on the pedal while I'm on the highway.

But to fall asleep in a self-driving car, nope. Will not do. All you need to do is literally watch a single car review that has that ability and you'll see how good it is.
Spoiler, not good enough yet to let it do all the work.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Also, 12 top notch European football clubs just announced a new league, a Super League (awful name, there's like already 4 national leagues of the same name).
It is heavily influenced by the NBA model and totally illegal by the current rulings of UEFA and FIFA. It's basically a league for the rich.

UEFA already said the clubs who join it will be banned from playing in their domestic leagues, their players banned from playing both European and World cups.

It will be interesting to see how the situation unfolds.

Wow. It sounds like they will have a limited pool to play against. What's the point (imo)?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Some serious sh** happening in the world's most conflict-free area known as Balkan.

Basically, somebody (don't want to point fingers at you Slovenia) sent out a non-paper to EU parliament or something, with a plan of dissolving Bosnia and annecting it's parts to Serbia and Croatia, leaving only a small Bosniak-majority part as the new Bosnia (this time no Herzrgovina, they would add that to Croatia).

Now, if you think this is something new, it really isn't. This is the same thing that triggered all those Balkan wars and the last one in the '90s with genocides and everything.

Sad thing is, all these aspirations for terittories date back to an 1844 document called 'Načertanije' (The Draft).

Oh no. Based on what you said, do you think it will go through?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

One small silver lining is that Slobodan Milosevic is as dead as Generalissimo Francisco Franco (that's a Chevy Chase joke, I wouldn't expect anyone under 50 to get it).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Heard about this and it's so sad. I love the idea of a Tesla (not for the reason you said), but I can't commit. The idea of the engine being on fire for hours is scary. I wonder why this doesn't seem to happen with hybrid cars or is it just not reported?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Heard about this and it's so sad. I love the idea of a Tesla (not for the reason you said), but I can't commit. The idea of the engine being on fire for hours is scary. I wonder why this doesn't seem to happen with hybrid cars or is it just not reported?

It may be a little of both. Hybrids are different from EVs in that they have a gas engine and use batteries to complement so the battery packs are significantly smaller. EVs like Tesla and others are full-bore electrics and have massive battery packs. If a Prius gets into a bad enough wreck where the fuel tank or a fuel line is ruptured you would likely have a fire just like any other car. Happens all the time so it wouldn't get the same press. There was a case down here in SoFla last year where an attorney was trapped in his Tesla when it caught fire after a minor fender bender but the electrical system went kaput and he was locked in his car and tragically died in the subsequent fire. The moral of the story is if you're going to get one of these fancy golf carts, get a convertible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254