WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The thing of which I'm proud the most is the fact that the program (more like a very complex script, depending on how you look at it) I wrote, along with the theoretical overview and analysis I did for my dissertation, will serve an actual purpose.
It will be a sort of handbook for students to come, with a large database they can use for all sorts of calculations.
It's nothing out of this world, but it is a nice contribution and I'm very proud of it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The thing of which I'm proud the most is the fact that the program (more like a very complex script, depending on how you look at it) I wrote, along with the theoretical overview and analysis I did for my dissertation, will serve an actual purpose.
It will be a sort of handbook for students to come, with a large database they can use for all sorts of calculations.
It's nothing out of this world, but it is a nice contribution and I'm very proud of it.
Don't sell yourself short, any contribution that helps the next guy is a huge gift. Someone had to invent the carburetor before the internal combustion engine could see the light of day. You could say it was a small contribution as far as scale, but show me one chemist who wouldn't love to kiss Mendeleev's derriere.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Don't sell yourself short, any contribution that helps the next guy is a huge gift. Someone had to invent the carburetor before the internal combustion engine could see the light of day. You could say it was a small contribution as far as scale, but show me one chemist who wouldn't love to kiss Mendeleev's derriere.

That's true. I did spend a lot of time working on it. Actually, I started all the way back in November last year, so almost a full year.

Oh man, chemistry, I really liked it back in high school. I almost went for pharmacy instead of electrical engineering.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
If only life could be as easy as it was this past month. I feel like I'm back in elementary school and on a school brake.
But eh, it's just a few more days and back to same old, same old.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had to cancel my order for the SD2 and I'm glad I did. I finally got to see it live and in color at Best Buy and disappointment doesn't begin to cover it. Specifically, the camera bump. It simply does not allow for proper opening. It has a detent which leaves a roughly 1/2" gap between the leaves but you can apply extra force (not a whole lot) to actually touch the camera. Yes, it's nice to have a normal camera setup but with as many phone calls as I make and take on a daily basis this is untenable. My thumb kept going into the gap and trying to close the phone so this is unfortunately a hard no. It's a beautiful piece of kit though, I ain't gonna lie but I'm not 100% sold on the software side of things either. As I was folding the phone, the "tap to switch screens" icon kept popping up as it's supposed to - except it was always upside down without changing the orientation. Reminded me of the upside down spinning gears of Alcatel Windows Phones when they were updating.

I'm staying with my trusty Gen 1 Duo. I don't take many pictures to be upset at the whole open and change screens to snap a picture bit but I do make an inordinate amount of phone calls. I'm guessing Microsoft hasn't released Android 11 to us 1st Gen peons so that we order the SD2 but i'll wait. I honestly did not see anything software-wise to ignore the hump issue. If they did anything with the launcher, I must've missed it.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the sd2 until I saw pictures of it. It was not as slick and advance looking as the sd1 the camera bump just did not work for the style. No longer have a local best buy since it was wiped out by a tornado a couple of years ago. I still would have liked to see what it looks like in hand.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
A short trip to Kudat, a.k.a. The Tip Of Borneo. Covid has taken a huge toll on the tourism here. The place is almost deserted...
0274e3fc1438f48c34bef69652e78042.jpg
7679159a8b9f5027d480e79dd47444c2.jpg
50a2e4ddbba6cb05f9910c51e29ddeea.jpg

A hideaway camp site
1aa32b410a5096058c1374309add84ed.jpg
e742963654938ffb0b35f62ed0c00899.jpg
170f6e08711230748a99d7a9d346e8d6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members