- Oct 12, 2010
It's time for another weekly photo contest! This time I thought it would be fun to get meta on you. So we're going to take pictures of art. Art of art. How original of me.
Art is all around us! This week head out and find some local art. Maybe visit your museum or find a cool statue. Take a unique picture of said 'art' and share it with the community. I'll pick the photo I like best next week.
Up above you'll see a photo I took at the Chihuly Garden and Glass museum in the Seattle Center. A quick Bing search reminds me that the piece is called 'Glass Forest' by Dale Chihuly and was probably my favorite piece there. Learn more at the website for the Chihuly Garden and Glass museuem.
I captured the photo with the Lumia 925 and just bumped the vibrance a smidge with Photoshop for Windows Phone.
Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (October 7) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.