Weekly photo contest: Black and white

Status
Not open for further replies.

swyrik

May 15, 2014
Visit site
BLACK_9_7_2014 7_57_08 PM.jpg

When i am wondering in the park,came an idea about clicking this photo.this photo is taken with Nokia camera Beta app in my NOKIA LUMIA 525 by adjusting the focus & edited with BLACK app.Actually,i went to park to bunk the exam which i had in the after noon.

Last edited:

wynngd

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Competition-1.jpg

Up Town Kids.

These are the children living on one of the highest places in the Philippines. We went to a 2 day hike in Benguet last July and along the way we met the locals living on the edge of the mountains. I talked to some of the few people living there about their way of living. They are literally hundreds of miles away from the nearest the city. They have no electricity, no smartphones or any electronic gadgets but these kids were having so much fun playing around with their very simple toy, a wood with a wheel on the other end.

Camera: Nokia Lumia 1520
Post Processed Using: Adobe Photoshop

Albene

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Into The Woods

WP_20140720_8895.jpg

Did you know that the Lumia 1020 can capture infrared images? This was shot with a 720 nm IR pass filter during my trip to Southern California in July. My friend and I wanted to go to Mishe Mokwa Trail to Sandstone Peak but couldn't find the location. This shot made the journey worth it for me. Edited in Fhotoroom.

Some background on infrared photography: Infrared or IR photography harnesses light that is invisible to the human eye. Objects that emit or reflect IR light, such as living things, appear white while those that do not, such as the sky or still water, look black. You can test your camera's sensitivity to IR with a remote control. Point the control at the camera and hit some buttons. If a white or red dot appears on the camera we, you're good to go. You'll also need an IR pass filter to block visible light and allow only IR light through. Because of how many cameras process colours in IR images, they are well suited for conversion to black and white.

2pom

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Blåskägg_007183.jpg

In September 2013 my choir from Sweden performed a short tour in Crimea, Ukraine. While in Yalta, we stayed at the enormous Intourist Hotel by the Black Sea. I was standing in the main entrance looking out over the parking lot fiddling with my camera settings when a busload of tourists arrived and the picture composed itself.

This was only a few months before the Crimean crisis and it was a strange feeling watching all the peaceful places we had visited crowded with soldiers and protestors.

I used a Lumia 800 and tweaked the contrast a bit in Iphoto on my Mac.

izeg

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
A quick photoshoot made on august in the Etreta's streets (France) with a Nokia 1020. I used Picsart app only.

Last edited:

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_ed8699536de14b89a872ba09e279b864.jpg

I took this image using my Lumia 1520's Nokia Camera's Smart Mode while my partner and I were driving down a scenic byway in Wisconsin. Sadly, after cropping (didn't want to show the car dash), the picture wasn't as high resolution as I wanted. However, the movement of the scene and the motorcycle itself was captured very well. I used Adobe PhotoShop Express to adjust the contrasts and colors before applying a black and white filter.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
taken with L620, edited with fotor
passing by with one of the many skyscrapers in makati city, philippines
its got that weird alien fortress-feeling onto it

Attachments

• fotor_(9).jpg
    fotor_(9).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

juljohn1517

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Photo taken in Sibiu, Romania, last week in a late summer walk with my wife. I used Nokia camera on Lumia 1020 and some adjustments in afterlight app.

Afterlight_Edit_2014_09_06_21_44.jpg

CMD1320

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I captured this image right after buying my Lumia 1320. Captured with Nokia camera, using normal b&w filter.

Attachments

• altAtQoby7oY2slFmYLSmZrolqxZoPqZCepmVV7EjaHcjXa.jpg
    altAtQoby7oY2slFmYLSmZrolqxZoPqZCepmVV7EjaHcjXa.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 103

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
BolognaStazioneCentral_MS.jpg

This is a photo of an eerily desolate Bologna train station. The station is one of the busiest in Italy, and it was unusually quiet (and empty!) on this occasion. I think black and white suits the atmosphere well

Taken using my Nokia Lumia 925

Vivek Parekh

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Here is my entry for the contest. Shot from my Lumia 925, while travelling to Goa in a train. I got this photo shot at one of the stations. I used Fhotoroom to edit the image :)
altAhHF6QKOPiNgd5T1bgwyBt73zi7HzIvAROkHBEl_nSvB.jpg

Harshv61

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
WP_20131225_15_30_46_Pro__highres-2.jpg

Now what!? The old saint in deep thoughts..

Taken on Nokia 1020, using Nokia Camera app.Edited on lightroom for black and white colour.

Future Fossil

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
7-13-14 Olivia MonsterB&W Colored Window.jpg

"Lonely Ghost"
Shot with Nokia Camera using Nokia Panorama App. Then converted to Black & White using Photo Shop Elements leaving color outside the window. I used the Panorama app trying to get some kind of weird, unintended effect. Where the two photos combined, I got a see through ghost effect, purely accidental.

c00ldude

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
On a cloudy evening after a few branches were cut off the trees, got a clear view of this house. This picture i thought would be perfect for black and white and so edited with creative studio.
Lumia 720
auth.aspx.jpg

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
لقطة الشاشة (115).png

Nokia 701 my first smart phone, it was and it will be one of the best phones ever, most of my Jordan 12 memories are with this phone great pics was taken by it, this make me fall in love with Nokia which is the main reason to buy a Lumia, but unfortunately it was died, 2 years ago i woke up and I found it died "not starting up" :(
Symbian OS one of the best :)

nokia camera app, Black app.

shkshaka

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140106_15_22_06_Pro20140106152820140106153031.jpg
I went to Starbucks and while I was enjoying my Frappuccino, I saw in my head that I could have a pic. Pulled out my 1020 and shooted. I liked it when I B&W it
edited with creative studio

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
A family friend and local farmer devised a plan to honor those men and women that were fallen from the state of WI since 9/11 with a flag for each service member lost. My brother is one of those fallen. Each holiday these flags get displayed and each year, many of those flags need replacing. We get together each year to help with the replacement, mowing, and general cleanup of the area. His old truck is used to carry and mount the flags. I saw this photo opp of the old truck looking down the row of flags and snapped a color photo (later edited to B&W) with my Lumia 928. The sticker on the back of the cab adds a nice touch that speaks volumes!

WP_20140703_12_24_29_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital