What about the 5.2" screen size?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My only question is... where would you usually buy a phone, off-contract in the states? Microsoft stores...and.... ?
You can buy a phone off-contract at any retailer that carries the phone, but they will have a specific carrier's custom software/firmware and sometimes custom hardware configurations (AT&T Lumia 1520 with no Qi charging). But carriers do sell the phones at full retail price without requiring a service contract.

The only way I know if getting a factory unlocked device is through online retailers or directly from a Microsoft Store location. Even national retailers such as Best Buy or Wal-Mart only sell carrier-locked versions as far as I know.

glenada

Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
I thought the iPhone 6's 4.7" screen size was the perfect size, but I'm going to check out the 950 XL and see if that will be the phablet for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a 1520. I have a 950 XL on pre-order with my local MS Store. But, having just bought an (Android) 5" HTC One A9 to try out, I find I missed having a phone that can actually fit easily in pockets ( that are likely designed with fruit phones in mind).

This has me leaning on getting a 950 instead when an unlocked version becomes available. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty