What are the reactions of friends, family and acquaintances about your Lumia 930?

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, sadly the 930 does not have glace.

And that's OK i my opinion. I always felt the need to look at the phone because of the glance function, it nearly took over my life. Now it's black and I am back to not letting the phone take over my life.

And the "double tap to wake" function works really well, so I really don't feel the need. But I can see how some people miss that function.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
So far it's been incredibly positive. Everyone loves the quality of the 1080p screen, the butter-smooth and lag-free responsiveness of the touch display when compared to the Galaxy. The overall build quality also impresses.

alan61

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the Nexus 5 before I bought the Nokia 930 and one of the best apps I installed on it was Noled which gave me notifications on a locked screen, if someone could develope an app that does the same for W8.1 that what be great.

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
So this brings an interesting point. Motorola has an activedisplay thing that is similar to glance (but seems more interactive)....but they also have an APP for other androids that does the activedisplay thing.....and apparently its good for amoled screens. So whats stopping a WP dev from doing the same thing with a WP app?

I had the Nexus 5 before I bought the Nokia 930 and one of the best apps I installed on it was Noled which gave me notifications on a locked screen, if someone could develope an app that does the same for W8.1 that what be great.

We as WP devs don't have the freedom that Android allows for. Look at how much trouble Rudy Huyn had building the lock screen replacement app, and how rough it turned out in the end. We can't just make our own glance, we don't have the tools or access necessary to do it. Android is entirely open-source and WP will never be.

Also, we can technically set our full screen to light up when we get a notification. I don't personally like it, but it might be alright for some of you.

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little different. I prefer the contoured back and matt finish.

I am very positive about the build of the 930 because well I came from a Samsung galaxy s3

You might be interested in the news about HTC making an One m8 Windows Phone.

I also came from a Galaxy S3 and I agree, it's SO much nicer to hold the Lumia 930 compared to that steaming piece of phone. I'd say the 930 and the iPhone5S are as good as each other, but comes down to personal preference of course.

I did hear about the M8 running WP. Just a shame they didn't do it sooner - September/October is the rumoured release window. My S3 contract ended in June and I needed to ditch it ASAP. I'm certainly not disappointed with the 930 though.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Just trying to imagine a 5" iPhone hardware running WP 8.1 - THAT would be amazing.

You do realise iphone 5s has far weaker hardware specs than a lumia 930, right? lower res display, smaller battery, less RAM, it's basically overpriced for what it is. Not to mention how fragile they are, cracking so easily, bending in pockets and all that jazz.

Tell everyone it has no notification led and no glance screen and they will stay away from it, who needs a communication device that does not notify you about missed calls or emails... In the year 2014... No one !

Um, basically nobody I really knows cares THAT much about a notification LED. They are handy, yes, but most people I know would not consider it a 'must-have'. We check our phones on occasion out of habit anyway, and that's when you see the notification icons; on the lock screen, on the live tiles, and in the notification centre.

I'm not saying this justifies not having an LED. I'm saying maybe the LED is a big deal to you, but to most people it's only an added convenience at best and the lack of one does not turn a phone from excellent into rubbish. If you're going to pick on the 930, at least pick on something meaningful like the lack of swappable battery or SD instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz