What are the xbox games?

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
If you already saw this in the wp8.1 forums, I apologize. Wasn't getting much help there.

In the windows phone store, there's a section for xbox games, but what makes them any special? I mean any advantage or something with them? They all seem like normal games. And Temple run 2 is listed as an xbox game; this game is on virtually all platforms, so whats the deal about it being an xbox game?

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The difference is that with Xbox branded games you can earn Xbox live achievements. Might be more to it than that but that's pretty much the main draw at least for me.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the rely.
But what purpose/benefit does this achievement serve in relation to the windows ecosystem? Gives freebies or something?

Rednedo7

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Achievements don't really get you anything it's more for game replayability alot of people try to get all the achievements in games. I used to pay attention to them on the 360 but on the xbox one I couldn't tell you what my gamer score is now.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Gamerscore (the number from the achievements) will give you some rewards if you are in the Xbox Rewards program: rewards xbox com

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well with non Xbox games, the challenges you complete only really matter for that game whereas if its an Xbox game the achievements add points to your overall gamerscore.

What's the purpose? Well, like achievements or goals or daily challenges in any game it gives the player objectives to keep playing and trying new things I guess....and its also to offer the gamer a universal way to track your achievements.

The benefit? Some achievements unlock stuff like new levels or whatever....but mostly its just for bragging rights haha.

Some care about Xbox achievements, some don't.

I'm not great at explaining things. Hopefully this made sense. Haha

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I wondered that too as I have never owned an XBOX and didnt even know what XBOX music was.

I dont play many games but started to mess around with the XBOX games to see what it was about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05