What do you love abount Windows Phone?

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey All,

I spend a fair amount of time on this forum browsing mainly for Windows Phone/Mobile news and as of late the sentiment has become extremely negative.

I thought, why not have a thread where we share everything we love about our windows phones, no negative comments only positive.

It can be about any iteration of the OS and focus only on the positives, lets give it a shot, im sure there are loads of things we love about Windows Phone.

I have a Lumia 920 which is nearing on 3 years old, what I love:

Solid Build - have dropped it plenty and it has the scars to show, but still going on strong
Super responsive - 3 years on and its still a fast phone
Polycarb design - people still look at my phone and say oh a Nokia!?!? and them im like yeah, its 3 years old, and they respond in shock and awe as it doesnt look that old due to the poly carb.
The OS is quirky and alove - when you look at the home screen, it is a living breathing thing - pretty cool.
Killer auto correct, probably the best in the game?
I love the wireless charging as well, game changer from 3 years ago that competitors only picking up now..

Anyways dont want to say to much, what do you love about yours?

Remember, spread the love, not hate.

morozshawn

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
The best things I love about Windows Phone is that gorgeous UI, that fast & smooth OS, and the phone's design. Windows Phone devices are always beautiful, no matter if they're low-end or high-end, or something between.

Jagadeeshvanum

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Things i love on Wp.
1) Keyboard layout, it looks good. Android keyboards are annoying.
2) No bloatware.
3) Only dark and light theme.
4) Oh... live tiles.
5) Just a simple start screen and all apps list.
6) I loved settings on wp 8.1, anyhow adjusting to windows 10 settings( now its just like android)
7) No annoying folders created by other apps and system on phone storage or sd card like on android. Just documents, music, pictures, video.
8) Skype integration to massaging on windows 10. Now i can even stop using whatsapp. Actually i hate installing a lot af apps, less apps - peace of mind.
9) People hub. Viewing my friends twitter and Facebook updates , i love this.
I can keep on going, but these are enough for now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I like this thread idea. Great idea!

I like the way it looks, live tiles, the performance, and the cameras. Also for Lumias specifically, I love the fact that I can change the back cover easily and that there are options like blue, orange, yellow, and green backs, aside from the standard black and white backs of phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like how immediate my information and functions are.

Glance + Live Tiles keep me informed quickly on the move and the customized Start Screen keeps what I use in easy reach.

Colors. LOVE that.

Productivity. Office is so omni-present and having it on the phone is huge plus.

Extras from Microsoft like Translator and Health Vault.

Cloud connectivity keeping my content available across devices. This just keeps getting better.

Photography. The great reputation for power shooting is well deserved.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I like how immediate my information and functions are.

Glance + Live Tiles keep me informed quickly on the move and the customized Start Screen keeps what I use in easy reach.

Colors. LOVE that.

Productivity. Office is so omni-present and having it on the phone is huge plus.

Extras from Microsoft like Translator and Health Vault.

Cloud connectivity keeping my content available across devices. This just keeps getting better.

Photography. The great reputation for for power shooting is well deserved.

Couldn't have said it better.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I was a smartphone virgin when got Samsung focus yrs ago, ive never owned an Android or iPhone but ive watched many, many people that have spend weeks trying to figure out how to use their phone.
1: Window phones have always been straightforward & easy to use right outta box, no direction reading or video watching needed to get the phone going & everything on it that you want.
2: Everything that's on my phone is also on my computer all the time, everytime.
3: My lumia 1520 literally saved my life, I will be using a windows phone the rest of my life, switching platforms will NEVER, EVER be an option for me. Windows phones may not be perfect but neither am I so they are the perfect phones for me.

Arponare

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The fact that the OS is light and efficient. Most inexpensive Android phones trend to be sluggish. I'm running on a relatively inexpensive Lumia 635 since I can't afford the flagships on Android. Let alone an iPhone. I do want an iPhone, however.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
My skill saw slipped, cut major artery in thigh. I'm a single mom so no one here that coulda helped & was bleeding to bad to make it to house. Had my phone on me, was able to call my dad who lives next door, he came & helped slow bleeding till ambulance got here. I woulda bled out in bout 5 mins without his help & my kid woulda watched her only parent die. I know any kinda phone coulda helped but since my 1520 worked in below 0 temps with gloved bloody hands I wont dink with any other platform. I read this forum alot & see all the complaining & negativity which I dont wanta be part of so just will say, my windows phone did what a phone should do, make 2 calls that saved my life.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Pretty hard to top the post above!

I like the photo quality (1020) and the way my photos go straight to Onedrive so I can view them on my tablet.

Starts screen is beautiful, live tiles are fab. Love being able to write reminder tiles and pin them.

Love the dark background, white print on black.

Speedy OS

Easy to share photos and web pages, husband seems to have difficulty with this on his iPhone.

The cleanness of the file system, my Android tablet used to get all sorts of rubbish that I hadn't downloaded appearing.

Camera button

No Snapchat, children at my daughter's school use it to bully. I'm glad she can't download it.

Ali Tayari

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
+ Unique, and relatively new / unique compared to others
+ Ability to develop all around it with existing skillset
+ Lumia 920 & 640XL
+ Productivity-ceneterd (Live tiles, notifications, black theme for longer battery)
+ Same experience regardless of the hardware specs (specially low-ends)
+ Auto-backup and synchronisation with other devices
+ Doing right some that went wrong with apple and android
+ Being another distinctive OS (Apple and Android ecosystem cover their own grounds as does WP)
+ Started as rather-isolated (initially not pleasant, specially for devs) but steadily opening the grounds while maintaining user-satisfaction and avoiding deterioration caused by apps (e.g. clutter/temp files reducing storage and efficiency)
+ Fast and easy to learn (My dad actually impressed me with the way he uses it on his 1520)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS