What features do you want the most in 8.2?

sagar_23

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
file manager, app locker, more option in the notification center... also i wish vibration and the ringtone happens at the same time.. sometimes its really hard to know if there is a phone call...these are to name a few i want to have...!

lastlyyyyyy.... Pls fix the battery drain problem

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
file manager, app locker, more option in the notification center... also i wish vibration and the ringtone happens at the same time.. sometimes its really hard to know if there is a phone call...these are to name a few i want to have...!

lastlyyyyyy.... Pls fix the battery drain problem
What battery drain problem? And if you have that issue, that will be fixed in 8.1 when the official firmware is released. Also, the official WP file manager will be released at the end of this month.

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
A screen flashlight feature that automatically sets full brightness and returns to your phone's brightness setting when the flashlight is off. I read that developers can't access screen brightness controls so an app like this isn't possible.

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm still learning my Windows Phone 8 phone and I played with the brightness for the first time. So bad. Just 3 levels plus auto. Auto and low were too high. So please add MUCH more control over brightness. I can get creative with specifics but I'd feel it's asking too much at this point. Maybe I'll suggest something really nice once WP reaches the "decent" stage with brightness. I have to rest my eyes now...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still learning my Windows Phone 8 phone and I played with the brightness for the first time. So bad. Just 3 levels plus auto. Auto and low were too high.

As far as I can tell, 'auto' behaves differently when on 'low' or 'medium' etc. So there are three auto levels: 'auto low', 'auto medium', and 'auto high'. All three modes will adjust brightness based on ambient brightness. I have mine set to 'auto medium' which works OK.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think that would be corporate Wi-Fi, we have lots of MNCs here. Very few hotels and caf?s have access to free or public Wi-Fi. Some colleges too offer ' Wi-Fi' Campuses here in India.

Not that I have the problem, but, I agree with your posts. To be able to update via the PC should be a standard feature. Crap even Windows Mobile could use internet from the desktop PC over USB. Zune used to be able to do it with WP7.X and even took a full backup image of your phone (all apps, settings, etc, a cloned image). Instead of moving forward, they moved backwards moving to WP8 on this aspect.

No one should be FORCED to run to a coffee shop or park outside a public school just to update their phone. It's just dumb....

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I had mine on auto/low last night, no sunlight at all, in a room with two 60W incandescent bulbs and I had to stop playing Flappy Bird because the screen was so bright. App developers don't have access to brightness controls but I wonder how much control they have over background and foreground colors. Maybe applications that are used for extended periods should let the user control the color.

CSMR250

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
1. Professional version of Outlook mobile with complete exchange support including
- SMS sync
- display of emails, calendar, tasks in customizable tiles
- fonts and formatting in email compostion
- more professional interface, easier to access folders, more buttons
2. Interactive live tiles of any size, giving same flexibility as android widgets
3. Parental controls (similar to what is available in full Windows / Windows RT)
4. More logical search and back button use.

Last edited:

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
(1) Improoved status bar . It contains 5 * 3 = 15 tiles . (scrollable tile )

(2) hi fi system file manager .
(3) Sidebar system for quck launch on any apps from the left side of the display & multi window system for better multitasking

(4) startscreen can be rotate
(5) human like cortana

(6) improoved startscreen tiles . Like we can next , reverse & pause a song from a tile .

(7) good looking menu style

(8) improoved search button . We can do web & all search in our phone from the search button

itshimanshu

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
In-app lock system for some app.
Toogle data network button in action center.
Horizontal scrollable Acton center.
Start background must be in app list too.
Ability to hide app from app list.
A perticular locked app section to show the app in app list back.
Official file manager with in app lock feature.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Edited: for the nit-pickers on here. 😉

Word Flow keyboard. Also ... Ability to select app/tile color of every app in start screen - to own personal choice.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The ability to INDIVIDUALLY add parts of an update. For instance - just to add Word Flow, or just add Notifications; but not Cortana. To kinda pick and choose what parts of an update work best for you and your phone.

Also ... Ability to select app/tile color of every app in start screen - to own personal choice.

Um...does any phone operating system allow you do that? That seems highly unnecessary and if something needs to be updated, it is apart of the core so how would it be updated if these features were given out by choice. Doesn't make much sense.

sunil001

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Below is my wishlist for 8.2

1. Support file attachment of any extension in mail
2. Send/receive files through Wifi/Buletooth to different phone including Android
3. Password protect app (AppLocker). I'm not impressed with Kids Corner
4. Better email management
5. File management (Its already completed with free app Aerize Explorer...but MS can also add some interesting features.
6. Data connection and other option in Notification center.
7. Multiple start screen which can be applied
8. Support to subtitle and

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Function buttons that appear with some kind of swipe or tap. They should be assigned to various OS features by default. Some ideas for default functions are a help dialog box that explains how the current screen works, a flashlight that automatically sets maximum brightness while on, and an "about" screen with details about the current app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria