What features has the Windows 10 Mobile dropped from Windows Phone 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

What features has Windows 10 mobile dropped from Windows Phone 8.1

I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade my Lumia 930 to Win Mobile 10 and a big part of that is, what functionality I will lose.
There are lots of articles on whats been added but these days ms like to remove features too.
Can anyone point me to a list?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: What features has Windows 10 mobile dropped from Windows Phone 8.1

Well I'm holding off at the moment due to when upgrading 930 owners are loosing the 'feature' of being able to record sound in video.

Mog0

May 29, 2013
Visit site

I saw those reports after posting my question...Guess I will hold off for a bit until they fix that. I wouldn't want to miss something involving my young kids. The camera gets heavy use for that.

Would still be useful to know what features have been dropped so I can better assess when to throw the switch when (if) Microsoft fix the audio bug that's been around in the previews for months but they've so far ignored.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Yeah my phone is my main device for photos and videos of my kids so really don't want that messed up.
I could always try it and roll back if needed, but that's a lot of reinstalling and time for nothing if it's buggy.
I mean even the 950's are still bug ridden running win10, doesn't fill me with much confidence that they've got it working correctly on older devices.

Mog0

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Thank you eusty for this - For me the loss of notifications on contact tiles and he loss of local device searching are BIG losses.
Hopefully MS will remedy this soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo