What is holding back Windows Phone Adoption?

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
...and it is only going to get worse. For me, it used to be that mosft were the good guys when it came to my data privacy, but that is going out the window (pun intended) with win10.

They stated at Build that in two years they expect their data business to be 20-Billion/year. They are also joining OneDrive Personal and OneDrive Business. Couple that with another statement to business developers at Build, "don't break down your data, just grab everything and analyze it in the one place." Ummm, that would be OneDrive.

No more mister nice guy from msoft. As much as I like windows 8.1 (just got Update 2 this morning) I am going to get a PlusOne with Cyanogen and no thieving fingers in my pie. :)

But, then to get back somewhat On-Topic, I think we will see a drop in windows phone sales, regardless of any/all the selection-options in the Poll.

It looks to me that if things pan out as msoft seems to be intending, the Mr. Nice guy for at least some data privacy will be Google. LOL

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you know, it still amazes the hell out of me, that there are so many that would rather waste their money on Andriod/iPads that are so infinitely limited in what they can actually do with them, rather than by a real tablet (Surface Pro) that is practically limitless in what it can do.
Move every major app from iStore and Droid Store to Windows Store and trust me, people might see the light and Apple/Droids would take a serious dive right into the pavement.
Surface Pro is a laptop replacement, not an iPad replacement.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Surface Pro is a laptop replacement, not an iPad replacement.

I keep hearing people say that, but, that's just not the case.
Both Run apps. many same apps, Both cost roughly the same depending on options.
But one is so far more limited... I keep seeing people buy an ipad just to get email, then they still have a Desktop and Laptop and an iPhone
sorry, not buying the excuse.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing people say that, but, that's just not the case.
Both Run apps. many same apps, Both cost roughly the same depending on options.
But one is so far more limited... I keep seeing people buy an ipad just to get email, then they still have a Desktop and Laptop and an iPhone
sorry, not buying the excuse.
The people who have iPads in addition to laptops and desktops might have the iPad Mini. A Surface Pro is lot bigger than an iPad Mini. I have two 7" tablets, one Windows and one Android, but they're not laptop replacements. I use them more as smartphone replacements when I want something portable but bigger than a smartphone. No, I'm not getting a 6" smartphone. That is too big for my pockets, but I'll toss a small tablet in my bag. I'll take a laptop with me if I need something more powerful than a mobile device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077