What is your perfect device?

KingRaven26

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I think the Icon is close to the perfect Windows Phone. I want a premium handset that I'm excited to own and willing to flaunt from time to time. iPhone owners have done this in the past and I'm sure some still do. The Icon's screen size is on the larger side for me but I'm happy to run with a 5" 1080p screen as long as the device isn't overly bulky so it fits nicely in my hand (4.8" screen would also be OK). Definitely keep the clear black technology and maybe the AMOLED too for better battery conservation. If we could see something slim like the 925 without the little camera hump that would be best. At least a 16MP sensor with great light capture and a fast shutter would more than make up for the lack of extra pixels as capturing an image faster would allow for better zoom results since there would be less blurring overall (24MP is really as big as it should ever go since that's a huge image already and would allow for some digital zoom to be done like the 1020 does without immediately degrading picture quality). Maybe a small optical zoom could be incorporated but then I would expect a bit of added bulk as a result, which would be OK for optical zoom but not really anything else. A great battery with the ability to net me a day and a half of use would be preferred (maybe a 2800mAh battery could do the trick). Xenon flash for the camera. 64GB of on-board storage OR 16GB of system storage with a microSD port that takes at least 64GB cards. Qi wireless charging and NFC. Stereo speakers - one at the top and one at the bottom of the handset. Same audio capture as the Icon (multi-mic with directional recording). 4K video capture would be cool but not necessary at all. I'll happily take a solid 1080p video with the ability to capture 60-120FPS for smoother slo-motion video capture.

For the look - VaporMg casing like the Surface RT and Pro series. Have a dark charcoal finish like the Surface 1st gen and a grey/chrome color like the Surface 2. No stark white/black to be a little different. THEN, offer colored aluminum finishes. I'd go for either "emerald" or "rave green" (emerald = WP8 emerald theme color, rave green is the Xbox color) and then either cyan (similar to the 920 cyan) or perhaps a few shades darker. On aluminum it would look amazing! Even offer special limited-edition colors like the Lumia yellow or the 930 orange for those that really want to get a favorite color without forcing the manufacturer to bet too much on specific color adoptions. Color has been important with my Lumia purchases. I am OK with black/white but the choice of color has been a very pleasant one as long as a reasonable set of colors are available. I'm not crazy about the teal-ish 930 coming out but the orange looked great.

So basically something like the Icon with a few different design notes, greater storage and battery options. I think that's almost what I explained now that I go back and read this. I love the Icon/930 but I felt that for what it offered in the camera department, it was a tad bulky - especially given that it's a 5" device so it has more room than a 920 or 1020 to arrange the hardware.

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Well..here are details for my perfect smartphone:
1.5 inch FULL HD, same pixels and goriall glass as of Lumia 930
2.Min 16 GB internal storage with for sure SD card expansion option
3. 2GB RAM is fine and any snapdragon processor is fine (WP is capable for even lesser one)
4. 20MP pureview technology for rear and min 2MP 1080p for front camera
5. Min battery wud be 2500 mah
6. Waterproof
7. very gud audio quality..stereo speakers and 5.1 channel while watching HD movies..(no speakers on back side)
8.more important one..sleek design (no plastic..as got bored with my samsung galaxy S)

Infact Lumia 1520 in cut short if available with same specs for 5 inches...am ready.. ;)

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Form factor wise, something like the width and height of the 630, with a 4.5" screen, but maybe a mm or two thicker to fit a ~2500mAh battery. 720p screen with ClearBlack, "soft" buttons are fine. 1GB RAM is fine, 2GB would be good. 16GB flash plus microSD slot. Quad Core. SatNat and Compass. NFC. Qi charging. If the camera doesn't have at least a 1/2" sensor then I wouldn't even bother using it to take pictures so there would be no need for a dedicated camera button, it would be for QR Codes and little else so 5MP would be fine.

Last edited:

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Most of my wants are stuff that Windows Phone needs, but as for my perfect device, here's two ideas.

1. Nexus Style Device
- 5 inch screen, 1080p
- Snapdragon 801
- 2 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of storage
- 13 MP camera
- Made of plastic, rounded edges
- Same Lumia button layout for power and volume
- On screen buttons
- $399 unlocked, available internationally

2. Dream Phone
- 5.5-5.7 inch 2560x1440 screen
- 20+ MP camera
- Qi charging (NO CASE)
- Mulitple microphones all across the device for 5.1/7.1 surround sound in videos
- Rear firing stereo speakers (or front facing if they don't take up a lot of space)
- Add in a better DAC and some audio modes and equilizers to help with audio
- 5 MP front facing camera
- Snapdragon 805
- 3 GB of RAM
- SD Card Support
- Flat edges like the 930 and the VaporMG of Surface tablets
- Software stuff I'd like:
- Multiple apps can be run onscreen at once like on Windows 8 and RT
- Quick toggles list can be expanded to show more toggles
- Cortana can be activated without picking up the phone (like Touchless Control on the Moto X). Allow custom wakeup phrases for Cortana.
- Add Skype to messaging hub
- Allow more tweaking to the OS (things like "Open With..." specific apps, whether or not games are in the games hub or in the app list, etc.)
- Improve the NFC experience (things like Tap to Pay and NFC tags) and allow automation apps like IFTTT and Tasker
- Get some connected/smart devices onboard like the Pebble and Nest (or even better, make a Microsoft smartwatch platform)
- Make Xbox Music better and more like Zune used to be (seriously, Zune was amazing. Best desktop music player/portable music player I've ever used), with a desktop client, wireless syncing, etc. Just add FLAC support and add in a Google Play Music style Music Locker for web use (as in you get a certain amount of songs you can store in the cloud and access on any device).
- Combine the Windows and WP stores
- And of course, the much wanted Google apps. I personally don't need it, but at least it'll get people to stop complaining.

neo302

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia with latest specs, wireless charging in the 5 - 5.3 inch range on ATT. If this existed I would buy it. Until then, I'm staying on Android. I want a Windows Phone, but until this happens, I don't want to switch. The 1520 is nice, but it is .5 to 3/4 inch too big for me. I can't keep that in my pocket comfortably. This is a huge opportunity for WP IMO right now.

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
A RUGGED WINDOWS PHONE!

I want something to take when camping that can stand dust, water, and everything nature throws at it. I want a battery that lasts 2-3 days on normal usage (and I mean 3G usage), a 4" AMOLED screen (bigger means more battery), a pretty nice 20MP camera (Pureview whistles in my ear), 2GB RAM to process that images, a motion sensor like iPhone 5's one, that can constantly track my walks without draining the battery with the GPS, and stuff some app goodies like the Casio G'zOne Commando over here.

On the nerdy side, 16GB of internal storage, microSD slot, and a 1,5GHz dual-core processor maybe, Let Microsoft Mobility choose that.

And I want it to be Nokia so we can get some love in South America.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
S for me i want a reinvented Nokia Lumia 720 each and every phone in Lumia line up got their sibling but they are unable to provide a sibling of 720 in design and high end in specs that would be so so so awesome

Wasim Abrar

May 7, 2014
Visit site
4.5 -5 Inch with single and dual sim option.
Minimum 8 MP Main Camera with Zeiss Lens & minimum 3 MP front camera .
Minimum 8GB of Internal Storage + SD Card support.
1GB of RAM
Clearblack Gorilla Glass Display.
Optional Qi charging.
Snapon back cover.

I am pretty sure if Nokia-MS launches phone with these specs at around 20-25K INR. It will be instant hit.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't go too much in future. The current 930 with sd card, glance screen and on screen buttons instead of current ones. I hope it also increases the useful screen size a bit.
If I have to get a little more choosy, then an optical zoom in the camera (without adding too much bulk :cool:) and 2K resolution.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Perfect device:

5 inch, 1080p screen
20 MP Camera
32 GB on board storage
Memory Card Slot up to 128GB
3000+++ mAh battery
2 GBs of RAM
Snapdragon Processor (whatever the latest is)

Basically the Icon/930 with SD Slot. :wink:

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
5" 1080p Screen with Single sim and Better PPI than 625. 16GB internal storage and micro sd support! Clear black gorilla glass display! 1 Gb ram :) ! Wireless Miracast support! 13+ MP pure view cam with Zeiss optics and a front 3 MP cam! And I wud love fm radio support(not available for my 620) though I don't use it a lot! A perfect design like the Lumia 800! 4Gsupport.. On screen buttons :) ! Qi optional! And 3000+Mah battery and most importantly Nokia Branding :) Well this is it! I wud love a device like this! :)

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
A lumia with good battery life unlike lumia 820 in mid range.camera gud in mid end especially low light photography.internal 16 gb with sd card slot.size 4.7 HD.price 25000 rs max.gud battery life i meant atleast 3 days with heavy usage.on screen time 1 day.then pricing can be made 30000 its acceptable.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

THE_Lawnboy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
A slightly smaller 1520, say 5.5" 1080p or higher, with 32GB, built in charging, xenon flash, and some new break through battery tech to double the capacity given the same space constraints. And wrap it all in that hot lime green Elop was flaunting.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
New design like 920 but slimmer, 5.2 inch, 1080p, 30 mp camera, 2gb RAM, 32gb internal, SD card slot, Snapdragon 805/810, front facing 5mp camera, xenon flash, at least 3000 mAh battery, good speakers like the one m8, water and dust resistance, I would like Gorilla Glass 4 if that is ever made but GG3 will be just fine too,

Things I don't care for: Finger print scanner, 3d gestures

This would be so awesome for my next phone :)

Last edited:

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Something small and dinky like the lumia 620, but with a better processor, a bit more ram and a better camera. And definitely NOT an amoled display. Ugh.

pranay gharat

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
my perfect phone should be like
2gb ram
2.2gighertz processer
cortex A9-quad core\nvidia4
camera-ultra cam
thickness-5mm
phone memory-128gb
display-retina with gorilla glass 3

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
modular hardware , ARA project from Google , so we can finally upgrade our devices up to our taste
so if you don't want camera just slide it off and replace it with something more useful for you , or once new CPU is released you can upgrade it and keep the rest of your device as it is , in general to adopt the PC Desktop way of possibility of upgrade ....

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
The Dell Venue Pro or some other portrait qwerty device with the latest snapdragon (or atleast recent) and a decent (but not spectacular) camera.

GOD TIER: a blackberry with WP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz