What MS gives, Android takes away...

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought the HTC One M8 to hold me over till Quicken and my bank get a WP app. I found the OS (Kit Kat) and the phone to be pretty smooth. But one slight problem for a app hog like me. While 8.1 is allowing you to load apps on the sd card, Kit Kat does not. Now I do have 32GB phone storage, and a 128GB card, but still, my 1520 had 20GB in apps and games. Guess I will have to tweet Quicken till they get tired of it and create a WP app. LoL

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations for your HTC one M8. The body design is just amazing , but I don't like that camera (umm ultra pixel or something is not up to par with any other flagship device ).Kit Kat OS is very much optimized and HTC sense is very user friendly , not as heavy , lagy as touch wiz found on Samsung galaxy series. I wonder why did they removed SD card support (is it due to security reasons , because most of the apps stored on SD card could access user personal information ? )

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That is the reason they give for doing that. Hmmm I rooted and unlocked it. I wonder if there is a way around it? Not a problem right now, and since I believe it is only a temporary necessity till Quicken and my Bank get the WP apps created, I am not too worried. The camera is fine, think it is the same I had in my M7. Except they have this second lens that does absolutely nothing for me. LoL I must say this is the smoothest android I have played with. I kind of wish HTC would make a WP in the M8 design. I would love a One with the camera that is in my 1520. LoL

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That second camera lol , true it's useless. Nokia did the same with Nokia refocus app (and Samsung did the same on s5 bah they didn't seeded this feature on older devices where as Nokia made Nokia refocus available for all windows phone 8 lumia devices without any secondary camera module ). True the body, flush is just mind blowing. You owned lot of phones lol.

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
When the reviews for the M8 came out, I saw they added the second camera and removed OIS for the main camera. Lol. Imaging shimaging...

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You own lot of phones lol.

Well, that is Owned a lot of phones. LoL I normally buy one, try it out, sell it and then buy another. My 2 favorite phones have been the One and the 1520. I had bought a spare 1520 for $310, sold it the other day for $360 and bought the M8 for $425. So it is like I paid only $85 for the M8. (I bought the spare 1520 from selling a pair of unlocked 520's) It's a vicious cycle, but no contracts and no worries for a long time to come.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, that is Owned a lot of phones. LoL I normally buy one, try it out, sell it and then buy another. My 2 favorite phones have been the One and the 1520. I had bought a spare 1520 for $310, sold it the other day for $360 and bought the M8 for $425. So it is like I paid only $85 for the M8. (I bought the spare 1520 from selling a pair of unlocked 520's) It's a vicious cycle, but no contracts and no worries for a long time to come.

wooh ! Great deal.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When the reviews for the M8 came out, I saw they added the second camera and removed OIS for the main camera. Lol. Imaging shimaging...

Lucky for me I don't have a problem with it, and for excellent pictures I will either pull out the 1520, or my regular camera. My perfect phone would be the M8, with a WP OS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Evil google is destroying user SD card (I read this on comments lol ). Glad windows phone 8.1 handles this feature flawlessly :)

Now if every WP user can get Quicken to create a WP app, I'd sell my One and go back to using the 1520. But I just got tired of paying $4.99 a month of my online checkbook that I used (www.clearcheckbook.com) They have a free version, but there are no reminders or even a column for check numbers. And I have tried 99.9999% of the WP checkbook apps, but none offer wireless sync between my desktop and phone. I also like the feature in Quicken 2014 that lets you attach a copy of the receipt to the transaction. This way if you see that this restaurant changed the tip amount, you can file a grievance with the store owner and your CC. I have had that happen once, it was only a buck, but if you handle hundreds of customers a day, that sure adds up..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes