What should I do with old cell phones?

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I have recently gotten engaged, and me and my fiance are in the process of moving in. She told me I have to "clean up" and get rid of some things (she's right, lol). I have these old cell phones and I wondered if there might be people who collect them. I have thought about selling them on Ebay, but I doubt I would get anything.

If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

These are the phones:
Audiovox PPC-6600 / PPC-6601 / XV6600 (HTC Harrier) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
Samsung SCH-i600 / SP-i600 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
UTStarcom PPC-6700 / XV-6700 / HTC Apache Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
Motorola Q Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have recently gotten engaged, and me and my fiance are in the process of moving in. She told me I have to "clean up" and get rid of some things (she's right, lol). I have these old cell phones and I wondered if there might be people who collect them. I have thought about selling them on Ebay, but I doubt I would get anything.

If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

These are the phones:
Audiovox PPC-6600 / PPC-6601 / XV6600 (HTC Harrier) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
Samsung SCH-i600 / SP-i600 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
UTStarcom PPC-6700 / XV-6700 / HTC Apache Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
sell all of them. then get a Wp8 phone. ;-). because I can see you got a HTC trophy :)

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Budule hit the nail on the head. There are plenty of charitable organizations that distribute devices to people that are down on their luck, just out of rehab/jail, etc or military personnel that need a way to stay in touch. There's no excuse to hoard old devices!

Congrats on the engagement BTW!

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I would trade them in when getting a new phone. Maybe it's more complicated in carrier controlled markets like the US, but here in Europe it's becoming more common with businesses that sell both new and old phones, and they usually offer a little more for trade-ins than they do when you simply sell to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb