What time is it?

barriesimpson

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Interesting one this:

I ask Cortana "what time is it" she shows me a Bing result from the web - Current time in Beed, India (IST). Now you would probably say, "that's ok" and it would be if I lived in India. But I don't. I live in Gran Canaria - Canary Islands, Spain and the time is completely different to India. I wonder what makes her think that I live in India? Oh, and it's not my accent - I am English born and bred.

Barrie

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Interesting one this:

I ask Cortana "what time is it" she shows me a Bing result from the web - Current time in Beed, India (IST). Now you would probably say, "that's ok" and it would be if I lived in India. But I don't. I live in Gran Canaria - Canary Islands, Spain and the time is completely different to India. I wonder what makes her think that I live in India? Oh, and it's not my accent - I am English born and bred.

Barrie

In addition to checking your phone regional settings, could you also check your Manufacturer Name under Settings > extras+info? You might want to check your phone time zone, too.

barriesimpson

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Settings are all English UK, manufacturer name is: RM-1045_1006 and time zone is UK UTC which coincides with the time zone in the Canaries.

Last edited:

ncharlt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is a definite bug. I live in the UK with an unblocked British 930 CVGB and if I ask Cortana the time, I get the time for Beed, India.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I've just tried this myself and she won't tell me anything, just a dictionary result for the word time. On the latest DP in the UK, 920 CVGB

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I too have Beed, India as my timezone for a SIMFREE UK 820 (CV GBIE). I thought when I read this it took the time based on your proxy, but obviously not if it's affecting so many people.

G.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Odd, I tried on ATT Lumia 635, and it displays the right time, albeit from a larger city in the time zone. Must be a Cortana bug.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just keyed Cortana in listening mode and asked, "What time is it?" I was given the correct time in HH:MM:SS format with my location indicated in the reply. It was a web search style response not a verbal one.

I just typed, "What time is it" into my address bar on IE 11 with Bing as the default search engine and received the correct time and location.

Might be a Regional server bug?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99