What to do? Note 4 or 640XL

Bazza1603

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Currently have a Nokia 1020, which I love to bits. (love the camera more than the phone).. I am a Windows mobile fan, but need my mobile to support certain apps which are all missing at the moment. I was looking for a phone with a bigger screen and decent battery life.

I order my phone Saturday, and found out today that apps I need are coming in April.

Should I stay with the Note or go for the 640XL and save ?9 a month?

Any thoughts welcome!!

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Why not go with the 1520, the 640xl is literally the lesser version of the 1520? (as in the 640xl is the cheaper , less feature full, and lower spec'd phone versus the 1520's high specs, features and quality):amaze:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Which one I should choose Bugatti Veyron Super Sports or Honda City ?

Could you help in this out. I am sooo confused.

Bazza1603

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Which one I should choose Bugatti Veyron Super Sports or Honda City ?

Could you help in this out. I am sooo confused.

Sorry!

I do love Windows mobile and don't really want to leave, but the deal on the Note is decent.

1 x App is what changed my mind!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Currently have a Nokia 1020, which I love to bits. (love the camera more than the phone).. I am a Windows mobile fan, but need my mobile to support certain apps which are all missing at the moment. I was looking for a phone with a bigger screen and decent battery life.

I order my phone Saturday, and found out today that apps I need are coming in April.

Any thoughts welcome!!
On a Windows forum guess what most will recommend? Ok now if on an android forum what do you think they would recommend?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Sorry!

I do love Windows mobile and don't really want to leave, but the deal on the Note is decent.

1 x App is what changed my mind!

Sir, why don't be a Tech lover than a Windows lover?
It will make life easier.

Well if you ask a tech expert then Note 4 will be the answer but if you like WP so much then choose L640XL

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 is expensive new and doesn't seem to be available on a contract.

Well the 640 xl is gonna be like $200-$250 brand new off contract , while right now u can find excellent condition lumia 1520s for that same price, and may I ask what country your in because in the u.s the 1520 is still available on contract, but I wouldn't recommend getting a phone on contract right now as a new Microsoft flagship is expected to come this summer, so if your interested in that then I dud personally suggest getting a used 1520 in good condition for $200 for now ��

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're comparing a top-of-the-line smartphone to a midrange handset. Not an even fight.

the 1520 is a better comparison.

Now you say the 1520 is expensive - but by itself, the Note 4 is definitely worth more than the 1520, so you could potentially get the Note 4 and sell it for a 1520 - pocketing the difference.
The Note 3 vs. the 1520 is an even fight given the relative closeness in release date, but you're talking about the 4.

Bazza1603

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well had the Note 4 for 4 hours and I am trying to set up everything like Windows! And to top it all the App doesn't work on the Note!

Going to try and sell it and keep the money

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Any thoughts welcome!!

So what are the missing apps?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well since your going to sell it, I would say get the 1520 if you can't wait for the flagships later this year however if you can wait get the 640XL with the difference and get a sim only plan (if you can) you will save a fair amount of money that way.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
We'll if apps is the utmost importance then Note is the way to go for now not unless the apps you will be using has counterpart in WP.
If indeed that your apps are coming by April then the 640XL may suite your needs (both have 5.7 inch screen but the note is a flagship and therefore has higher resolution). I'm also waiting for the 640XL but I will judge later after I reviewed all reviews. If I can get the 640XL China variant then I will surely get that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander