What will MS announce on Thursday?

itsmattsharratt

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I've seen a few news stories about that Microsoft is holding an Xbox & Windows 10 gaming event on Feb.25 - what do people think they will announce, if anything?

I can kind of remember them revealing a few things this time last year so I think we could have a pretty clear Outlook on their gaming strategy for 2016 after this event.

I wrote an in-depth piece/wishlist on my blog with more details and my thinking behind each point

Here's what I'd like to see:
- Universal Apps on Xbox One finally.
- An Xbox mini & Windows 10 adapted for big screens/TVs. OneGuide as a universal app.
- Xbox 360 BC games to extend to Windows 10 devices through the store.
- Streaming W10 games to Xbox One. Xbox One as a Steam Machine?
- Cortana coming out of Beta.
- Some more HoloLens demos.
- Improvements specific to tablet & mobile Win10.
- Cross-device experiences i.e. games like a new Viva Pinata across all W10 devices.
- Game announcements; Forza Horizon 3, The Witness, Halo Wars 2 gameplay.

What do you think? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. Probably announce the work Microsoft Garage is doing and projects they are working on and for whom. Probably talk about the growing number of partners building Windows Phone. The adoption rate of Windows 10. Something about Hololens, Surface 4 and Xbox and how Windows 10 is doing in the enterprise. Nothing memorable except for the investor class. But whatever it is, we'll know in less than two days and that somebody is going to be unhappy and that will carry the day.
garontee.jpg

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They might try to roll out the new Halo 5 content that day. The stream 343 just did with it said it was coming in a few days, and that it was ahead of schedule. Other than that, everything's a crap shoot. I didn't even hear about this announcement, I don't think. When it is happening (time) on Thursday? Is it a streamed event or something?

itsmattsharratt

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
It seems like its pretty off-the-radar atm, only a few sites reported about the invitations going out and I read somewhere about the event being under NDA until March 1st but no idea if there's any truth to this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss