What you think of Google Glass? Should MS be worried?

aniym

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Google Glass will be really huge, but it will be a fad just like all of our childhood toys in the 90s - the Apple fad started in 2007, and is now dying down thanks to Android.

Microsoft shouldn't even dare, or I will... drag BALDMER for filth. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/2095c354.gif I'm here for future technology, not fad of the moment toys like the iPads, or GAGle glass.

...their iPods had sold in the hundreds of millions since its launch in 2001. They've also sold over 100m iPads and sell roughly 35 million iPhones every quarter. Some fad.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Rather than MS, the public should be worried when it gets into the hands of pervs and pedos everywhere. They say you shouldn't punch a man wearing glasses, well I say its fair game...glasshole!

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Soon enough Google will be selling Google Glass in retail store. And imagine Android phones and Google Glass integration. (I am pretty sure, in future this is going to happen)
Does anyone else see a HUGE threat to other mobile platform?

I don't see wide spread need (or want) for the product happening. it has very good application possibilities for industry, education, and anything to do with normal video/audio recording.

the other mobile platforms are their own threat, by failing to innovate or improve on similar concepts. no one "needed" a smartphone a few years ago. a little farther back, no one "needed" a cellular phone.

fatpigeon

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Soon enough Google will be selling Google Glass in retail store. And imagine Android phones and Google Glass integration. (I am pretty sure, in future this is going to happen)
Does anyone else see a HUGE threat to other mobile platform?

I doubt it. Glass itself as a 1.0 product won't be any kind of threat - you could easily argue it's a gimmick, as others have pointed out above.

But what is a threat is that Google is doing crazy stuff like this and lots of other stuff besides, which isn't just a "let's throw it at the wall and see what sticks" mentality - it's more than that, it's the ability to take risks and then fish something genuinely new and interesting out of it after a few iterations, something that actually pays off in the marketplace. Furthermore while these may be gimmicks, they keep Google's name in the public eye as always onto something interesting.

This is something Microsoft hasn't had - and when they do something like that (i.e. take a risk), like with Windows 8 and Windows Phone, it's less a bold yet assured leap into the insane but more reminiscient of a committee running around in desperation.

That's the real potential risk I think. Lack of genuine innovation through iterated "craziness".

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I think the concept of wearable tech like Google Glass is interesting, but it's not something that makes me think I must absolutely have it because it's so amazing. At this point it's one of those things Google is doing because it can, not because there's a huge demand out there for it. They're trying to create a market for it, and they can afford to take the risk because they're flush with cash.

I don't think it will be a threat to Microsoft because people aren't going to ditch their computers or smartphones for wearable tech - not unless it can do what those devices do.

wayne310

May 13, 2013
Visit site
other than Google Search Engine...every product by google is half-baked, cluttered and full of issues...including android and most of their services that have been shutdown as of today.

they just sell gimmicks to improve advertising exposure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium