What's a good alternative to Samsung Galaxy Buds?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've lost my patience with my Galaxy Buds. The left one is at 45% charge. The right is at 35% charge. My Samsung Galaxy S10 was at 35% charge. The stupid Buds refuse to work with anything. And this isn't the first time, far from it. They should have named them the Galaxy Duds, because that's what they are.

I'm going to try and find the receipt so I can return these Galaxy Duds for something that works. Any recommendations for alternatives?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Plantronics backbeat pro 5100 and the Jabra elite 75t

The jabras come out the middle of the month and are USB type c

The Plantronics are out now but micro USB unfortunately

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've lost my patience with my Galaxy Buds. The left one is at 45% charge. The right is at 35% charge. My Samsung Galaxy S10 was at 35% charge. The stupid Buds refuse to work with anything. And this isn't the first time, far from it. They should have named them the Galaxy Duds, because that's what they are.

I'm going to try and find the receipt so I can return these Galaxy Duds for something that works. Any recommendations for alternatives?

I just picked up these Alterola IE800 at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Alterola-IE8...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3796151

(I haven't tried the Samsung buds, so I can't compare.) I own a GoNovate Airo pair, which I've been very happy with for several months. They are no longer available, and these are supposed to be the same ones. They do look, feel, and work the same. The best feature both have is their low/small profile and how they fit and stay on my ears, which I believe is essential for listening to music with earbuds. I'm an audio snob, but/and I don't pretend that any Bluetooth device is going to give me a great sound. I want a pair for that fits and stays so it isolates external sound and doesn't exaggerate bass especially, which is all too common. They meet these criteria, plus they handle very well with the case, last a 4+-hour flight, and are priced right (although I paid less for the Airo model than these replacements). I originally selected the Airo over five other brands I tried, including a Jabra model: all were under $100, which I believe is max worth given the limits of Bluetooth. Both of my phones and my home amplifier are aptX-equipped, etc., but I've only spent more on BT headphones which I listen to in quiet environments, not buds which I use out and about. Try them: you can always return them like I did with four others. The ones I returned either did not work well/easily with their charging cases, and/or did not fit well enough in my ear so that I had to keep adjusting them. I am as pleased with these IE800s as I've been with the Airos, although I've only used them for a week. They have paired super-easily and stayed paired with three different phones, and my Rotel integrated amp. (They come with a micro-USB charging cable, and three extra bud tips, including some of the smallest I've ever seen, which would likely optimize fit for those with small ear canals.) Enjoy the music :love:

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No, I didn't. Truthfully, the thought didn't occur to me. I took them back, got my money and bought a brand called 1MORE. We'll see how well they do. I've had them less than a week.

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using Bose SoundSport Pulse. Sounds quality is amazing. The comfort level is great. Battery life lacks some, but at least I went into this knowing that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon