What's a good case to get for my 520?

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just got my very first smart phone new on Amazon for only $55. The Nokia 520 ATT Go version. I haven't activated it yet because I'm waiting for the sim card to arrive I ordered from Straight Talk and I will go with them since I have them already with no complaints. But I am playing with the 520 on my home internet through wi fi. I don't know what the talk quality is but I'm surprised at how fast a phone can be online!. But it will take some getting used to. I almost don't want to activate it because I am so used to years of my little indestructible non internet flip phone for talking and texting, but I need to get used to a real phone or be left behind lol I decided to go with a windows phone because I know Windows, and didn't feel like learning Android or something else right now, plus it was cheap!

Anyways, I want a case for it that will somewhat protect it if I drop it. Right out of the box I put an illumishield screen protector on it, which still gets a lot of finger prints on it I might add. I've looked up cases online but the few nice cases I've seen have comments that the power and volume buttons are hard to push which I do not want. I don't want to bulky or heavy either with kickstands and so forth. What does everyone on here use? I don't care about price as look as the buttons aren't hard to use. Recommendations? thanks! :)

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Fast replies, thanks! I'll look at these cases. :smile: I've been reading other threads on here. It's a wealth of info! As soon as I learn more about this phone I hope to be able to off advice too! Everyone seems so nice on here. :)

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Call quality on the Lumia 520 is very good for the price of the phone.

This is the phone case I bought and my wife uses on her 520...its slightly taller than the phone, so it can shift a little, but not too much.

Amazon.com: Reiko Silicon Case/Protector Cover for Nokia Lumia 520/521 - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

There isn't a huge selection of cases of the phones unfortunately. I don't keep mine in a case because the phone is only $55.

Have fun!

Thanks! I was thinking about skipping the case, but the phone feels so light that it will slide out of my hand. Not used to such a light weight phone and swiping screens and so forth. I need a little weight added to it. I'm keeping my flip phone as a back up.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I can post a picture of her phone with the case if you want me to, but sure you can find it online...also, it has a kickstand to prop the phone up...works good when she is cooking and looking at Big Oven app

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Got the black Fosman one for $4.50 from Amazon. Already dropped it on hardwood floor and twice face-down on pavement. No damage.

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I looked at all the cases everyone suggested and read Amazon reviews. I went with the Incipio feather. It was the most expensive but it was the only case that didn't have problems with pushing the side buttons according to user reviews. Thanks everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss