What's up with the Nokia 521 cyan update?

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've looked at all the forums on T-Mobile and they always direct people to some stupid FAQ. T-Mobile said we re supposed to get it this summer to no avail. Anyone heard of know anything, preferably someone that works at T-Mobile, when and if we re going to get cyan?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nobody has seemingly come forward, so we don't know, other than the fact they stated it would be released.
Oh well.

PhoneUser24

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Probably waiting for us to upgrade.. not going to happen, but it is pissing me off at this point. If you say summer, don't string it out into Fall without even a hint of when it's coming.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe we need to pull off some Deus Ex level shenanigans and break into T-Mo HQ. Maybe we'll uncover a conspiracy! :winktongue:

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we need to pull off some Deus Ex level shenanigans and break into T-Mo HQ. Maybe we'll uncover a conspiracy! :winktongue:
I don't know, but this is one of the reasons I left windows phone. My wife's Nokia is running the do of 8.1 and all those updates. Just no cyan. It went from summer to the end of the year. I wish Microsoft could have just bypassed the carriers.

Todd Christiansen

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I am nearly confident that this is because they want to promote the 530. Screw them for not having it out.

I just switched from a 520 on att to a 521 on t mobile. Very pissed at the lack of cortana and the swipey keyboard.

Is it possible to install it manually? Or a "developer preview?"

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Probably waiting for us to upgrade.. not going to happen, but it is pissing me off at this point. If you say summer, don't string it out into Fall without even a hint of when it's coming.

This might be what they want us to do, upgrade to a new phone; spend more money. I am not surprised nor frustrated if that is what t-mobile wants, I did mention before that they are likely doing something about it, or maybe not; only time can tell.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I am nearly confident that this is because they want to promote the 530. Screw them for not having it out.

I just switched from a 520 on att to a 521 on t mobile. Very pissed at the lack of cortana and the swipey keyboard.

Is it possible to install it manually? Or a "developer preview?"
You can install the Developer Preview of 8.1 on the 521 but I don't think you can pick and choose which aspect of the dp you want if all you want is Cortana and the swipe keyboard.
The question remains if without the firmware update to the 521, the Developer Preview runs as well as with Cyan.
I did install DP on my 521 and it seems to run fine but I have nothing to compare it to i.e. 521 with Cyan.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Or, go figure, there's something going on with it and Wi-Fi calling. The issue is we don't know, because the carriers don't tell us anything. We can speculate all we want, but that's all it is until we have an official word.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion