Whats your motivation to have / keep a Lumia 1520

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yep, just with the regular updates..the most I'd use is the everything me launcher... Not tech savy enough to be rooting phones..Lol .maybe the note 4 isn't really that bad and in just making excuses to get a Windows phone...lol

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how the opinion of forum members is going to validate whether or not to pick up the 1520 there is a plethora of reviews, videos and articles still out there plus all the news and speculation of new devices. YOU need to decide how YOU can deal with what flaws might exist. To each their own!

Wolfseye

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Not sure how the opinion of forum members is going to validate whether or not to pick up the 1520 there is a plethora of reviews, videos and articles still out there plus all the news and speculation of new devices. YOU need to decide how YOU can deal with what flaws might exist. To each their own!

Well, you know, when I got the first 1520 (which was broken and I had to return it and get another one), I wasnt so sure because I heard a lot about issues like the Phantom Touch (which the first one had) and I was just thinking that this was really a bad start. Continued reading with how many people that happend in time, this issue, as much as I loved the phone when I first held it in my hand, I wasnt sure enough if I want to keep it, knowing I might run into the same issue in time again. And I watched a lot of reviews of that phone on Youtube, even before I bought it. And still since. And before I bought it, even in the Reviews and Tests, this "issue" was never really mentioned.

So in fact all your experiences and opinions helped me a lot to convince myself, adding my own short experiences with this device, to be sure I wanted to keep it. I could have still returned the (2nd) Model I got as well, but now I dont want to give it away anymore. And thats part thanks of you, everyone that posted his experience with this device.

I want to thank all of you !

Cheers

​Wolfseye

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I had a short stint with the 520 back in the windows phone 8.0 days. Liked it a lot. Ended up going Android because there wasn't a mid range phone available for an upgrade. I'd have had to spend 450.00 or so at that time. Finally found myself back to windows phone. Was looking for better battery and camera. Also wanted to give windows phone 8.1 a try. Really enjoying the experience. Before I made the jump I researched all my apps to find equivalents. Found enough reasonable replacements to make the switch worthwhile. The 1520 really checked all the boxes for me. After 2 weeks the screen size seems normal and the phone doesn't feel big at all. The windows phone interface would kill android if it weren't for the app gap. It's just so much better thought out.

Wolfseye

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I think I just saw a yellow Lumia 1520 (but i cant be absolutely sure) in the movie DEAD RISING - WATCHTOWER (the female reporter) :)

Update: No, in the movie the phone is thicker. Might be a different model, but also a Lumia. I think the main reporter also has a Lumia. Seems Microsoft has done some sponsoring in this movie. ^^

Udate: Ok, from the large camera round thing in the back I saw on the phone in the movie, I'd say its a 1020.

Last edited:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 1520 for a year now and it's still in great shape since I keep it in a case.

Knowing that it is still the most powerful Lumia and will be until 950 comes out is one factor, and even then I'm sure the 1520 will be able to keep up with that phone.

And the fact that Windows 10 is pretty much guaranteed.