[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re: [WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

The DataSense issue has also been resolved, it will now only show the popup when background data is actually restricted

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Just hope they optimise it for WP8.1 now because the battery drain is just TOO HIGH while using WhatApp!! :(

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Live tile issue is still there :(
Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk on my Lumia 620 wp8.1

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

When I click on a received location in Whatsapp it seems to open MS maps...is there a way to get it to open Here Maps instead which I have on my Lumia 920..Im on Windows Preview for developers.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Which issue? Can you elaborate, please?

When i receive a whatsapp message i can see message count on the live tile. Then i check all the messages and reply and then i exit the app but still the live tile shows that i have 5 messages unread. So again i open the app and exit it again that time i don't see anything on my live tile. This happens many time.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Is anyone else having a bug where Voice Notes won't play? Mine start and immediately stop. Also, I cant play received videos. I get told they can't be played...

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

When i receive a whatsapp message i can see message count on the live tile. Then i check all the messages and reply and then i exit the app but still the live tile shows that i have 5 messages unread. So again i open the app and exit it again that time i don't see anything on my live tile. This happens many time.

I have the same in the beta

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

When I click on a received location in Whatsapp it seems to open MS maps...is there a way to get it to open Here Maps instead which I have on my Lumia 920..Im on Windows Preview for developers.
Not Sure Will It Work. But check this out. Go to Settings/swipe to the left/ Maps//Set default voice navigation app to Here Drive +

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

For those who say, 8.1 is not their focus!

Jami T. (WhatsApp Support)

Jun 04 22:24

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Currently, WhatsApp does not support the developer preview version of Windows Phone. You can still use WhatsApp. However, Some features will not work properly on OS 8.1.

Our OS 8.1 version is in the works, but we cannot speak for future timelines or features.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Jami T.

WhatsApp Support Team

Interested in translating for us? Please visit http://translate.whatsapp.com

Take a look at our FAQ: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/

For future reference, your ticket ID for this request is: #12403382. To update, simply reply to this email.

This email is a service from WhatsApp Support.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

For those who say, 8.1 is not their focus!

Jami T. (WhatsApp Support)
Jun 04 22:24
Hi,
Thanks for your message. Currently, WhatsApp does not support the developer preview version of Windows Phone. You can still use WhatsApp. However, Some features will not work properly on OS 8.1.
Our OS 8.1 version is in the works, but we cannot speak for future timelines or features.
Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Jami T.
WhatsApp Support Team
Interested in translating for us? Please visit WhatsApp Translation
Take a look at our FAQ: WhatsApp :: Faq
For future reference, your ticket ID for this request is: #12403382. To update, simply reply to this email.
This email is a service from WhatsApp Support.

this might be the longest (if ever) reply from whatsapp. anyway, we simply have to wait. but that's ok. we are also still waiting for complete 8.1 itself.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

8.1 is out now. Lumia 630 has the cyan update so now they should start working quickly. Whatsapp developers team is too slow. Preview for developers was released long time back. It was released so that developers work on their app to make it compatible with 8.1 but whatsapp is still on fixing windows 8 very slow developing team. After 4 months they updated their app even after this they have not added audio sharing option there is live tile issue some have notification errors even on windows 8. Hope this time they will bring the update soon.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

8.1 is out now. Lumia 630 has the cyan update so now they should start working quickly. Whatsapp developers team is too slow. Preview for developers was released long time back. It was released so that developers work on their app to make it compatible with 8.1 but whatsapp is still on fixing windows 8 very slow developing team. After 4 months they updated their app even after this they have not added audio sharing option there is live tile issue some have notification errors even on windows 8. Hope this time they will bring the update soon.
honestly, as developers, whatsapp should have started working on a WP 8.1 version in April. That's what the dev preview is meant for- to let developers make changes to their apps based on new APIs, etc etc. It's taking whatsapp way too long. I used telegram for a while and it was better than whatsapp. Consider the availability of resources to the two developers- whatsapp should be quicker and more competent. Anyway, let's hope for the best.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

honestly, as developers, whatsapp should have started working on a WP 8.1 version in April. That's what the dev preview is meant for- to let developers make changes to their apps based on new APIs, etc etc. It's taking whatsapp way too long. I used telegram for a while and it was better than whatsapp. Consider the availability of resources to the two developers- whatsapp should be quicker and more competent. Anyway, let's hope for the best.

my similar experience with Hike. and, initially, hike gave free sms facility, due to which user database is also good now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs