[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
@bssnik Can you tell me about the battery performance on latest WhatsApp version? Current public version kills the battery.
I follow your comments on pocketpc also but didn't come across any info in this regard.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Seriously my phone can survive 1 day if I use other apps..but when I use WhatsApp it gets to 10% only in some hours...this issue is there since they released WhatsApp! Beta testers please report a about battery issue so they will optimize WhatsApp that way! :|

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, Whatsapp on other platforms are battery suckers as well. But what I dislike about WP version is the slow transition effects happening from the moment the app is launched. Transitions from Start home screen, and also whenever I tap on every chat group. Exiting from chat groups, transitions effects . Tapping from toast message on top / from the action center, also transition effects. Is just too much of effects happening everywhere!

Shashank Holla

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp is still missing some features. No news about network stats, status update time, multiple message selection for forwarding, number of media shared between users, separate albums for media for each chat user/group.. Much more. Simple things that even Symbian WhatsApp has like Network Stats, isn't there on Windows Phone.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys I understand you pain and agony about the features missing in WhatsApp for windows phone. Trust me I feel the same but all our suggestions and feedback is a waste of time. Imagine it's been 5 months we have not received an update for WhatsApp. And I assure you that upcoming update won't have all the features and they will take another 6 months to add features. I really wonder what stopping them to add all the features in the upcoming update even Symbian has better features than WP for WhatsApp.

Shashank Holla

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
By network stats you meant the connection state like if its connected(online) or disconnected(no network) right? If yes, then it was there. I think since wp7 days.
Nope, thats not what I meant. I meant the stats that show the number of messages sent, received, data sent and received. Geeky stuff, but it makes sense to see how much have you texted.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I didnt know that thing exist. Does it show that even if I clean chat history (often)? I still have one person I haven clean since March, that must X thousands.

Also, anything new about (supposedly) upcoming update with archive etc..?

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I didnt know that thing exist. Does it show that even if I clean chat history (often)? I still have one person I haven clean since March, that must X thousands.

Also, anything new about (supposedly) upcoming update with archive etc..?

There is no update until next year.....whatsapp has boycotted windows phone. There will be only one update in a year. They don't care about windows phone users.

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
There is no update until next year.....whatsapp has boycotted windows phone. There will be only one update in a year. They don't care about windows phone users.

And this nice piece of info came right from your *ss, I guess. Knock it off.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I want this to it would be faster like you said but no it closes normally..

Thanks for the information. Even though it would fall on deaf ears, could you please try giving the devs. this feedback? It is somewhat a much needed feature of IM applications, even Microsoft realized it and updated Skype to be "instant ON".

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Actually, whatsapp beta works only with windows phone 8.1 not windows phone 8.0 GDR 0-3.

so to be downloaded on windows phone, they are waiting 8.1 roll-out to be completed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb