[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
We have still not received the whatsapp update for cyan and may be from next month denim update will release and whatsapp will take another six months to release another update for denim

if they release stable with v600, then there will be denim update to be released at the same time. probably, if it works flawlessly I am ok with that.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
if they release stable with v600, then there will be denim update to be released at the same time. probably, if it works flawlessly I am ok with that.

I don't think update is correlated to firmware updates like cyan or denim. MS is distributing official 8.1 with Cyan and this OS upgrade is not yet complete. So, based on update distribution, it may be updated once 8.1 commercial release gets completed for all regions.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't think update is correlated to firmware updates like cyan or denim. MS is distributing official 8.1 with Cyan and this OS upgrade is not yet complete. So, based on update distribution, it may be updated once 8.1 commercial release gets completed for all regions.

well the answer to your question is windows phone 8.1 is currently shipped all around the world. Also 8.1.1 is available for htc one for wp, lumia 930.

only lumia phones need CYAN or DENIM which includes the firmware of the devices that consists of drivers for wp8.1 and also the os 8.1.

since most of the windows phones are LUMIA, it makes sense to wait for CYAN or DENIM.

but cyan is shipped to all of the world, probably they are waiting for DENIM to release.

As long as beta develops, I am still ok with it.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
well the answer to your question is windows phone 8.1 is currently shipped all around the world. Also 8.1.1 is available for htc one for wp, lumia 930.

only lumia phones need CYAN or DENIM which includes the firmware of the devices that consists of drivers for wp8.1 and also the os 8.1.

since most of the windows phones are LUMIA, it makes sense to wait for CYAN or DENIM.

but cyan is shipped to all of the world, probably they are waiting for DENIM to release.

As long as beta develops, I am still ok with it.

I would still say it has nothing to do with Cyan/Denim and it will make sense if you would relate it with OS update rather a firmware update of specific OEM.
8.1 distribution(with/without Cyan) is still pending for some countries. New version of whatsapp will be compatible with 8.1 and its true for both MS/Nokia or Non-MS/Nokia phones. Whatsapp needs to work on both type of windows phones.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I would still say it has nothing to do with Cyan/Denim and it will make sense if you would relate it with OS update rather a firmware update of specific OEM.
8.1 distribution(with/without Cyan) is still pending for some countries. New version of whatsapp will be compatible with 8.1 and its true for both MS/Nokia or Non-MS/Nokia phones. Whatsapp needs to work on both type of windows phones.

you are right, what you are missing is in order wp8.1 and 8.1.1 to work properly, they need firmware drivers. Otherwise there will be always glitches. That has nothing to do with whatsapp. Whatsapp can only be concerned about cyan or denim, because it will bring 8.1/8.1.1 to lumia phones. %90 of the windows phone market are LUMIA smartphones. And whatsapp will work only on wp8.1. phones. I hope you get the point.

Besides, today is 26th Oct and it is SUNDAY. But someone at whatsapp is working today on wp project. So they released an update for beta again to v580. At the end of the week, they released 3 updates per this week. I am always optimistic, if they are keen on updating beta release.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Well mostly 5.11.586,96,606,616 will be public release. This is what I think so..and like you're saying even on the weekend they updated the beta so in next week we will get the update maybe or not! Anyways any changes in the latest build?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
you are right, what you are missing is in order wp8.1 and 8.1.1 to work properly, they need firmware drivers. Otherwise there will be always glitches. That has nothing to do with whatsapp. Whatsapp can only be concerned about cyan or denim, because it will bring 8.1/8.1.1 to lumia phones. %90 of the windows phone market are LUMIA smartphones. And whatsapp will work only on wp8.1. phones. I hope you get the point.

Besides, today is 26th Oct and it is SUNDAY. But someone at whatsapp is working today on wp project. So they released an update for beta again to v580. At the end of the week, they released 3 updates per this week. I am always optimistic, if they are keen on updating beta release.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I'll take your points as those appear to be much closer reasons behind the delay but actual cause is something whatsapp guys are aware of and we can just speculate about the reasons:)
I hope they release it soon.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
This means what?
This feature will never come? And when we can share all music even the one downloaded from mix radio via Bluetooth then what is the problem?

I still don't get it, why the people want mp3 sending feature so much? If you want to share music with someone you can share it's youtube video to your twitter or facebook page.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I still don't get it, why the people want mp3 sending feature so much? If you want to share music with someone you can share it's youtube video to your twitter or facebook page.

Still doesn't answer my question. People want what they want. Simple as that!
Sending/Saving mp3 is a neat and convenient functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss