[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Denim or Cyan has nothing to do with apps or whatever strange connection you think about here...its just a firmware, nothing else!
The important thing is that whatsapp is soon fully compatible with the OS VERSION 8.1, not FIRMWARE VERSION. Even 8.1.1 doesnt change anything regarding apps. Its just about the Notification Center, how Apps are handled in the background, new APIs, and whatnot... and all that stuff came with WP 8.1, not cyan, denim or any other update!!!
Got it? :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Don't you guys think that whatsapp needs some UI improvement to look visually more attractive? I like UI design of hike on Windows Phone, may be Whatsapp should consider a new UI.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
For me the design is simple and good. I don't need bling bling.
And has to work and that's it. I even don't use backgrounds in wehatsapp, its just distratcting me :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Are there any "eye-catching" apps in WP? I dont know :) Metro is very simple design.

You can make big out of Metro design, take examples of Hike, Poki, IRCTC, BookMyShow, Flipkart, UC Browser and too many!!
Not sure, which app you used so far!!
Also, its not a big deal to change UI of any app.

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Still no fix on the speaker noise issue though... I thought this was somehow related to 8.1 compatibility but it appears not..

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Still no fix on the speaker noise issue though... I thought this was somehow related to 8.1 compatibility but it appears not..
Maybe because there hasnt been an update since WP8.1 release...!
I read somewhere its gone in the beta. So lets wait for the update.

Last edited:

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
lol. why should they hear us? They are working! There is nothing we can do. When work is done, they will release the update. All the whining is just useless...
Im just looking forward to the day where whatsapp isnt draining my battery anymore (or not so much...) and its faster. Everything else is peanuts (design isnt that important as battery life!).

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Lets get a normal update with added ffeatures. I don't know what's keeping them for so long.
Can we stop whining about updates? They will update it when they want to.
Did you get context of my question? Lets not bring the update crap here. It was another view about WhatsApp and not about updates.
Hope it clarifies!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe we should start an online strike. Is there a way to do it and make Microsoft and WhatsApp hear?
I think you are overreacting on this. Everyone knows that update is on its way and it will be updated soon. Why should we go for online strike?
If you would have said about other apps like Instagram Beta or may be Twitter, I would have agreed. Trust me, people will start crying for another update right after WhatsApp will release the next update. Weird!!

Shashank Holla

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I think you are overreacting on this. Everyone knows that update is on its way and it will be updated soon. Why should we go for online strike?
If you would have said about other apps like Instagram Beta or may be Twitter, I would have agreed. Trust me, people will start crying for another update right after WhatsApp will release the next update. Weird!!
Lol yeah
But seeing that the beta gets regular updates (Instagram it self is still in beta, wew) is depressing. Obviously the strike part was exaggerated.
And yes, design update? nah not now. Get the feature and big fix update and then we will whine about a design update.

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Maybe because there hasnt been an update since WP8.1 release...!
I read somewhere its gone in the beta. So lets wait for the update.

My bad.. I think I just cracked.. I saw a massive speed improvment on my device and thought the app had been updated but it was not the case, sorry I'm becoming crazy I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss