whatsapp stuck in loading.... screen

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

My mom's Lumia 640 is suddenly stuck in the Whatsapp loading screen each time we are trying to start-up Whatsapp (black screen saying "Loading..."). I have tried restarting the phone several times as well as reinstalling Whatsapp and also removing photo's to save up storage.
I never had this issue, Whatsapp works on my Lumia 950 and on an other Lumia 640 we have. And all three phones have OS version 1709, 10.0.15254.490

Anyone know what solves this issue?
Thanks for taking the time!

Edit: I used the windows device recovery tool and it seemed to have fixed the issue, though it is now WM 8.1, hopefully I can still update it to WM 10.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You can still update the phone :) just a pain to go through the updates again lol. Happy you guys figured it out

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
You can still update the phone :) just a pain to go through the updates again lol. Happy you guys figured it out
, tnx than I will just keep trying and reinstall windows insider again. I was actually kind of surprised how fast the OS reinstalling went with the recovery tool, only WhatsApp hadn't back-upped all the chat groups (only some) but that is not a big problem.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I got something strange today, the phone downgraded back to WM8.1. I tried both upgrading again through Windows Inside (which did show a preview update to WM10 but gave some error saying something went wrong when I tried that option) and the Upgrade Assistant does not start up (crashes on start up, so I will restart the phone first and try it again).

(Perhaps if I still get to manage to update to WM10 again and its patches I should disable updates.)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I reset my mom's 640 over the weekend, while on 15063 and while most everything restored nicely and problem seems fixed, noticed I can't join insider anymore due to some issue. Needed it in order to download some Chinese keyboards.

Too bad you had to wdrt, worried you might not be able to get it back to w10m

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Did the restart work?
, sry I missed your comment earlier, this forum does not seem to always give notifications about new posts. Anyway, yeah it worked after keep messing around checking for updates etc :D

I reset my mom's 640 over the weekend, while on 15063 and while most everything restored nicely and problem seems fixed, noticed I can't join insider anymore due to some issue. Needed it in order to download some Chinese keyboards.

Too bad you had to wdrt, worried you might not be able to get it back to w10m
, everything works on the phone now, only whatsapp did not save some posts but it was only a minor annoyance. Do you still have problems with your mom's 640?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
, everything works on the phone now, only whatsapp did not save some posts but it was only a minor annoyance. Do you still have problems with your mom's 640?

No seems to be fine, got a workaround for the Chinese handwriting keyboard, probably could use a new memory card or maybe I'll just transition her to my Idol4s. The camera on that thing can be annoying though...

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
No seems to be fine, got a workaround for the Chinese handwriting keyboard, probably could use a new memory card or maybe I'll just transition her to my Idol4s. The camera on that thing can be annoying though...
, that is good to know, I had been thinking of 'upgrading' to a Idol4s because of the bigger screen and better battery life but camera is also important for me.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
, that is good to know, I had been thinking of 'upgrading' to a Idol4s because of the bigger screen and better battery life but camera is also important for me.

I have the elite x3 too but just got the camera alone I keep reviving my 950XL. The camera is just so much more of a joy to use... The phone needs to be faster like the idol4s and elite x3 but their cameras are so slow compared to 950xl for some reason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)