Whatsapp update coming in 9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcuk7

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, whatsapp has gotten worse for me now. My gf is in Sharm and we have limited times to talk as she can only get on wifi in her hotel reception. All my notifications from her are massively delayed now so we cant really chat unless she sends me fb messages but even those aren't reliable.

I'm beginning to miss my iPhone, whatsapp was so useful. This update best fix these issues!

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I use it on iPhone and my 925. My wife uses it on her iphone5 and its bad on both. Sometimes the messages come instantly and sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes.

scarlet0pimp

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
What's app has been so crap last couple of days, it keeps on sending me notifications even after i mute a conversation, when i check these are notifications that i have already read. Was going on all night last night until i put the phone in flightmode

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
What's app has been so crap last couple of days, it keeps on sending me notifications even after i mute a conversation, when i check these are notifications that i have already read. Was going on all night last night until i put the phone in flightmode

Yeah I have had this issue for the past week or so. Bloody annoying.

Anshul_Davda

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I heard some news about the beta been taken off or something.. Guess they should be releasing it anytime soon (I hope so, fingers crossed) since the final is probably ready.
Please team WhatsApp. Please.

KoolFirE

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
A summary of issues I have noticed on WhatsApp 2.9.4 on Windows Phone 8 sorted by the priority.
1) Battery Drain is so heavy that one wouldnt need an app like Battery Discharger! WhatsApp could drain battery from fully charged to fully discharged in couple of hours based on my experience.
2) From last one month or so I am noticing repeat notifications. I get notifications 2-3 times for the messages which are already viewed and ensuring there are no unread messages in whatsapp. When these repeat toast notifications are observed, they increase unread message count on WhatsApp live tile as well.
3) Messages do not deliver despite of phone data (2G / 3G) and / or WiFi being on.
4) Old smiley set (which is still present on WhatsApp version of WP7) needs to be back, the current one on Windows 8 is quite confusing. Not a good idea here on utilizing the smiley set which OS provides.
5) Random performance issues are still present. e.g. Generally WhatsApp loads in 3-4 seconds however randomly load time increases to 10 seconds for some instances.
6) Cosmetic / Low Priority: The frame for viewing profile pic in large size is clumsy and weird when screen rotation occurs.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
A summary of issues I have noticed on WhatsApp 2.9.4 on Windows Phone 8 sorted by the priority.
1) Battery Drain is so heavy that one wouldnt need an app like Battery Discharger! WhatsApp could drain battery from fully charged to fully discharged in couple of hours based on my experience. Not battery issues here
2) From last one month or so I am noticing repeat notifications. I get notifications 2-3 times for the messages which are already viewed and ensuring there are no unread messages in whatsapp. When these repeat toast notifications are observed, they increase unread message count on WhatsApp live tile as well. Sometimes it happens, but rarely
3) Messages do not deliver despite of phone data (2G / 3G) and / or WiFi being on. Not issue here
4) Old smiley set (which is still present on WhatsApp version of WP7) needs to be back, the current one on Windows 8 is quite confusing. Not a good idea here on utilizing the smiley set which OS provides.
5) Random performance issues are still present. e.g. Generally WhatsApp loads in 3-4 seconds however randomly load time increases to 10 seconds for some instances. Close the app always, with back-back-back
6) Cosmetic / Low Priority: The frame for viewing profile pic in large size is clumsy and weird when screen rotation occurs.

khch8n

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Xpider_MX View Post
1) Battery Drain is so heavy that one wouldnt need an app like Battery Discharger! WhatsApp could drain battery from fully charged to fully discharged in couple of hours based on my experience. Not battery issues here <-- I experience battery drain issue too
2) From last one month or so I am noticing repeat notifications. I get notifications 2-3 times for the messages which are already viewed and ensuring there are no unread messages in whatsapp. When these repeat toast notifications are observed, they increase unread message count on WhatsApp live tile as well. Sometimes it happens, but rarely <-- It happens frequently and almost every hour I encounter this issue for all my group chats notfication
3) Messages do not deliver despite of phone data (2G / 3G) and / or WiFi being on. Not issue here <-- Some times
5) Random performance issues are still present. e.g. Generally WhatsApp loads in 3-4 seconds however randomly load time increases to 10 seconds for some instances. Close the app always, with back-back-back <-- I did that, always make sure the app is closed, but still encounter this issue, especially when keep on reopen the app in short time when receiving replies

:cry::crying:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Not to be the one to rub salt on our wounds but I received 2 updates since the last one week on Android.
Another dev showing how much or how little) they care for WP.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^ Yep, no more ghost notifications, unnecessary battery drain, messing up with Music(streaming icon when WhatsApp is open), fast resume from 2nd window to Chat window, simile support, bigger picture preview. you can check out the original article for a list of improvements/features added in the latest update on wpcentral.com .

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It's improved but still having battery drain on my 8x when using whatsapp. But maybe less draining on standby? And de background agent.. I disabled it nothing changes en notification still work.. Weird

ssx1000

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
The background agent only keeps the wifi alive in standby ... if you disable the background agend your wifi connection will deactivate on standby as long as you didn't set it to be activated all the time.
Background agend is the alternative to the not so intelligent ghost audio stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm