WhatsApp's buggy update has arrived [Download Now-Update Available]

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: WhatsApp's buggy update has arrived. [Don't Download]

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling made the app fine for me. But ill always miss that green iconic whatsapp boot screen exclusive to windows phones. :'(

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Well, I don't see any problem with whatsapp after updating.

I have a L930, Cyan FW and WP 8.1 Update 1 DP (.280 version).

No problem at all... And I have all the previous messages I had before updating.

Aadya

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Whats app Issue.. Chats Gone.. Uninstalled the app.. waiting for the new fix updated.. Just Hope it is Soon.
Such a waste of time now.
Developers Whats going in your mind. One update after a hell lot of time and that too a broken update. Not Expected With the Standards they have been setting earlier.
Build the fix soon devs..

Lumia 925 DEV-PREVIEW 8.1

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Well i did have my chats disappear after the update. But i uninstalled and re-installed, plus I chose to restore my messages instead of not restoring. Working fine for me now. Running Cyan on a 720. P.S Now we can attach a different background to different contacts too :)

Aadya

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

lucky mahn.
but there are still people who are going crazy waiting for fix.. includes me though :p.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

L1520 - Cyan - 8.1 DP - Absolutely no problem. Previous chats are available as well. App seems fast and optimized for 6" display.

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Having no issue whatsoever with the update. Works perfectly fine on my L928 with WP8.1 DP

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

The ones who are not getting any issues are lucky, others (Inc. Me) are considering bad day of WhatsApp at office. :)

Dreamscaper101

May 29, 2014
Visit site

Updated...no prob till now....!!!seeing new animations....while opening chats and also with profile pic!!

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

Sent them a support and they say;
Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Currently, WhatsApp does not support your version of Windows Phone. We are working on a version of the application that is fully compatible with OS 8.1.

You may be able to use WhatsApp in limited capacity. Please understand that if you do this, all WhatsApp features will not work properly. We are not able to help you with any problems you encounter using WhatsApp on OS 8.1.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

WhatsApp Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Currently, WhatsApp does not support your version of Windows Phone. We are working on a version of the application that is fully compatible with OS 8.1.

You may be able to use WhatsApp in limited capacity. Please understand that if you do this, all WhatsApp features will not work properly. We are not able to help you with any problems you encounter using WhatsApp on OS 8.1.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

WhatsApp Support Team

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Escape window. The giant app and not yet compatible with WP 8.1!!! Shameful thing. This should be called beta app for WP 8.1 then.

s_madhekar

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I have a L620 on PFD. faced same bug issue after update. Took backup, uninstalled, reinstalled and restored the messages. Everything back to normal.

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Working flawlessly with my 1520 Cyan with Developer Preview. Love the new large screen resolution! No complain so far.

Bagsy

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

My whatsapp is totally ****ed now. Can't see or send messages. No favourites. Can't contact anyone as it says they're not on whatsapp.
It's disappointing that there's over 500 comments on the story, many of which are negative comments, but WCentral hasn't updated the article to warn their readers of possible problems.
I have reinstalled the app and sacrificed the saved chats but still nothing.
Have had to reinstall again as it spent over 20 minutes adding favourites, all the while heating up the phone so much that I had to switch it off and reinstall the app again.
Properly pissed off!